THE BLACKLIST

samhexum

• 2 months later...

I saw the first season of "The Blacklist." Wow, it was awesome, one of the best shows I've ever seen. I stopped watching it only because I stopped watching English-language TV. Maybe one of these days I'll binge-watch all the other seasons. I'm glad the show is still going strong.

And yeah, James Spader found the role of his career. I can't imagine any other actor playing Red.

I saw the first season of "The Blacklist." Wow, it was awesome, one of the best shows I've ever seen. I stopped watching it only because I stopped watching English-language TV. Maybe one of these days I'll binge-watch all the other seasons. I'm glad the show is still going strong.

It's been renewed for season 9, so you can binge one season a month and be caught up when the new season starts in the fall.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

After the game-changing finale of The Blacklist season 8, which saw the murder of series protagonist Liz Keen (Megan Boone), the NBC thriller is taking a leap — in time.

When the series returns for its season 9 premiere, it will pick up two years after Keen’s death.

Viewers will quickly see just how big an impact Keen’s death had on the show’s characters. The FBI task force dedicated to taking down the world’s worst criminals will have disbanded, with many of them now living very different lives.

With the enigmatic mastermind Raymond Reddington (James Spader) in the wind, the old team will find themselves drawn together by “a common purpose” to resume their original mission of taking “down dangerous, vicious, and eccentric Blacklisters,” per a new season 9 logline. That will force the team to confront deadly foes, new conspiracies, shocking betrayals, and the testing of alliances, all “led by the most devious criminal of them all — Raymond Reddington.”

A day after the finale, Blacklist creator Jon Bokenkamp also departed the show.

“I love this show with all of my heart and it’s been an incredible journey,” he said in a statement posted to Twitter, “but after eight years I feel it’s time for me to step out of my comfort zone, try something new, and explore a few of the other characters and stories that have been crawling around in my head.”

The Blacklist season 9 premieres Oct. 21 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.

• 1 year later...