Ellen's getting married.

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5820 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jstlooknthx

I remember standing in the Rage in West Hollywood watching the coming out 'puppy' episode of Ellen's sitcom. Can't count how many times I teared up. I just stood there quietly feeling it all. I was watching the twenty-somethings rolling their eyes like 'what's the big deal.' The same type I'm hearing at work this week saying "Who cares. I don't want to get married."

How do us over 40's types explain how touching Ellen's existence and acceptance can be for some of us? Guess it's futile to even try. Time passes. Things change. History is always forgotten.

I have seen both her and her partner around her in Hollywood. They have both always been friendly and gracious each time. That video made me cry again.

oh, I love Rick too.

>I was watching the twenty-somethings rolling their

>eyes like 'what's the big deal.' The same type I'm hearing at

>work this week saying "Who cares. I don't want to get

>married."

I'm sure there were lots of white (or black or Asian, etc.) people in the 60's who said, after Loving vs. Virgina legalized mixed-race marriages, "Who cares? I don't want to marry a black (or white or Asian, etc.) person anyway." It doesn't take anything away from it, and the fact that the right to marry now exists for those thousands who want and need it far outweighs those gays (young or old) who think it's no big deal.

>That video made me cry again.

Me, too. Like Ellen said, if just the announcement made us emotional, what will we do when she actually gets married? :p

>oh, I love Rick too.

Speechless for once. Thanks. :)

Guest zipperzone

>Me, too. Like Ellen said, if just the announcement made us

>emotional, what will we do when she actually gets married? :p

And the ratings will go through the roof! Good on her.

Archived