Covid19 Recovery

keroscenefire
This topic is 1310 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think they strongly suspect that initial viral load is a key determinant of severity, as that's true of a lot of similar viruses. They just can't TEST it because it would be unethical to give someone a disease. Getting it at a concert would seem to be likely to be a lower "dose" than, say, getting it from someone you live with.

I suspect it from a Lyft passenger. I used to drive rideshare and I picked her up and drover her home for about 25 minutes or so. She was in my passenger seat and was coughing the whole time. I did open up the windows to try to get more airflow and sanitized immediately after she exited my car, but this was before masks were really a thing (mid-March) and there isn't much I think you can do if someone with COVID basically coughs on you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that have taken an antibody test that confirmed you had the virus, have you taken the test again to determine the level of antibodies?

Coronavirus: Antibodies fall rapidly after COVID infection, dashing hopes of herd immunity - study

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-herd-immunity-hopes-dashed-as-study-shows-covid-19-antibodies-fall-rapidly-after-recovery-12115510

I had it in mid-March with the initial breakout. I likely caught it at a concert on March 10, days before our local lockdown began.

For me it was the equivalent of moderate allergies, less than a bad cold and no fever. I was surprised I was able to get tested (the test was in late April after I no longer had any symptoms at all). For what it’s worth I’m in my late 40’s, 30lbs overweight, and type O-.

However, two colleagues of mine also had it at the same time. A fit looking 50yo man who’s life it took, and a fit 32yo runner who said it was the sickest he’s been in his life, with two weeks of severe fatigue and body aches.

More recently, family members of a couple friends have had it. Fortunately, as of this posting, and knock on wood, no one has been hospitalized.

It may have been the Type O blood. This hasn’t been researched enough.

To those that have taken an antibody test that confirmed you had the virus, have you taken the test again to determine the level of antibodies?

Coronavirus: Antibodies fall rapidly after COVID infection, dashing hopes of herd immunity - study

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-herd-immunity-hopes-dashed-as-study-shows-covid-19-antibodies-fall-rapidly-after-recovery-12115510

Yep. I tested positive for the antibodies in May. (One of the few medical tests where positive is a good thing) I’d had a very easy cold in January. Easy because it went from sore throat to cough without any nasal congestion. Remembering it caused to get the antibody test. Took it again a couple of weeks ago and it was negative. Just travelled for a week and got the normal rapid test before and after and both neg.