#WTH

BeefyDude
This topic is 1341 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recenly I reached out to someone who was visiting my city.

We exchanged some texts about the massage, what to expect etc.

NO appointments were scheduled!!

I left it as I will let you know if I'm able to book. He was leaving the next day (sat) at 4am

That Friday was my Bday. Unknown to me some neighbors invited me over about 5ish to do some socially distant celebrating (with adult beverages).

Needless to say I never got back to him. But again NO appointments or expectations were set.

I sent a polite text message apologizing explaining what happened. I also stated that if he is ever back this way to let me know:

"Hey man.. I want to apologize for not getting back to you. It was my bday that weekend. Some neighbors ended up coming over to celebrate with some drinks. Then you said you were leaving at 4am... So sorry I missed you.. Please let me know when you are back in atlanta.. Thanks and have a great day"

His response:

"You are strange, I will not write to you and you do not write to me"

I thought I was being nice and apologizing for not being able to meet (despite not committing to an appt). I don't think I owed him anything but was trying to be nice

Guest fm0322

I left it as I will let you know if I'm able to book. He was leaving the next day (sat) at 4am

That Friday was my Bday. Unknown to me some neighbors invited me over about 5ish to do some socially distant celebrating (with adult beverages).

Needless to say I never got back to him. But again NO appointments or expectations were set.

I sent a polite text message apologizing explaining what happened. I also stated that if he is ever back this way to let me know:

"Hey man.. I want to apologize for not getting back to you. It was my bday that weekend. Some neighbors ended up coming over to celebrate with some drinks. Then you said you were leaving at 4am... So sorry I missed you.. Please let me know when you are back in atlanta.. Thanks and have a great day"

His response:

I thought I was being nice and apologizing for not being able to meet (despite not committing to an appt). I don't think I owed him anything but was trying to be nice

This story is common and I have done it. Like when I consider a massage, text message a masseur, maybe trade a couple of messages, and then change my mind. I have a good friend who is a masseur on RM and he tells me about clients who "disappear" and leave him waiting. He told me it is super frustrating, particularly if there is another client who might schedule, and then nothing happens. I try to make a point of closing the loop with a text. I am not trying to defend this masseur who lacks social graces, but I can identify with the experience.

His response:

@BeefyDude - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I have found there are times in life that you try to do the right thing and the tables turn on you anyway. I'm sure you had a better time having drinks with friends. Many other hot masseurs to choose from. CHEERS!

This story is common and I have done it. Like when I consider a massage, text message a masseur, maybe trade a couple of messages, and then change my mind. I have a good friend who is a masseur on RM and he tells me about clients who "disappear" and leave him waiting. He told me it is super frustrating, particularly if there is another client who might schedule, and then nothing happens. I try to make a point of closing the loop with a text. I am not trying to defend this masseur who lacks social graces, but I can identify with the experience.

I agree with your friend. I have heard from most out of Towners that ATL has a HORRIBLE reputation for flaking

not just one but MANY have said that MANY!!!!!

Funny, when I see posts from other cities I think WOW that guy is HOT. Why can't ATL have HOT guys like that. Grass is always greener syndrome :)

Then I recall how so many masseurs hate ATL because guys here are more flakey than any other city (they say). I wonder why

His response:

From this post I gather you probably write too much. You may share too much superfluous information and ask a lot of questions.

People who are not your family or friends just want the immediate and relevant information to the situation at hand. A few long texts about this, that and the other can annoy. Maybe it's a southern thing? But if this person is not from the south that level of verbosity can come across as particularly odd.

I'm told that massage therapists deal with a lot of folks who get off just texting them about "what will happen". These potential 'clients' have absolutely no intention of making appointments. The discussion itself is their fetish. I'm sure that is tiresome and it accounts for those who cut off communications at a certain point.

Anyway, short and to the point generally leads to successful relationships. More than two texts of a couple sentences is probably going sideways.

Since you know nothing about me and making assumptions I will say you are for the most part wrong. I ask relevant questions for the simple purpose of making sure it will be a good fit and not a waste of each others time (any my money). I have been burnt by many masseurs here so yes I am cautions when booking with a new person. I don't see that being any issue. In fact many said they understand and appreciate that.

I also prefer to talk to the person vs. text. But via text I am very straight up in what I want and my questions - FYI

Btw if you want to discuss further please PM me vs. contenting here . .Thanks