Movable Type or WordPress?

Guest ryan2552
This topic is 5835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ryan2552

I'm considering building a small web site and want to use a customizable blog style template. From my research MT and WP are the two most popular applications with both bloggers and major web site designers.

My question is does anyone have knowledge of either or both? If so will you relate your experience with ease of use, reliability and anything else you feel appropriate?

People I trust prefer WordPress for ease of integration, but they freely admit that Movable Type is strong competition.

I suspect WordPress came first and people got used to using it so they keep using it because they know it. In that situation, someone has to genuinely be better to make people switch.

Each has a loyal and devoted user base who will swear their tool is better but I don't think either is inherently better than the other right now.

It's kinda like asking whether Honda or Toyota make the better hybrid. I know people who are perfectly happy with their Prius, and I know people who are perfectly happy with their Civic.

It's cook's choice. <shrug>

Guest ryan2552

Thanks for the insight deej. I'm probably going to use WordPress because there appears to be more resources than I could find for Movable Type.

BTW you're correct WP did come first and MT, which I believe is owned by Six-Apart, has only been on the market several years.

Archived