We are who we are... HBO Max

Guest MikeThomas
This topic is 1296 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...

Ok, I just watched the finale. Have to tell you I really enjoyed this show. The “coming of age” script, the music (wonderful!), and Luca Guadagnino’s directing, excellent all around. The “army base” was completely built as a set on 17 acres of land in Italy. Good job all around. Oh, and teenagers acting/playing teenagers...a nice change from the twenty-something actors usually playing those teen roles.

Guest MikeThomas

Ok, I just watched the finale. Have to tell you I really enjoyed this show. The “coming of age” script, the music (wonderful!), and Luca Guadagnino’s directing, excellent all around. The “army base” was completely built as a set on 17 acres of land in Italy. Good job all around. Oh, and teenagers acting/playing teenagers...a nice change from the twenty-something actors usually playing those teen roles.

Episode 1 had a hot shower scene. Anymore naked soldiers in subsequent episodes?

When I watched the first episode I just couldn't stop thinking how entitled these kids are. I worked for the US Military in Europe in the early '90s and had a lot of interaction with the Army Brats, they never would have behaved so openly disrespectfully.

But, I have to remember, if I go back to the show, that it is FICTION. Ha ha. And also times and children have changed.