Jason Castro and the worst perf on American Idol this season

ariadne1880
This topic is 5843 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Good show ROS that is a perfect presentation of the situation.

Mark you say you dont want David A to be a pop star yet that is exactly what they will do. This kid is being exploited like no tomorrow. Yes it makes sense from a financial end that the kid and parents should put him into the competition now, but I just think his talent level will be better served waiting a couple of years. If you ask me each week his voice seems more strained than the week before. There are moments when his voice is incredible, but then moving down the register he does struggle but he has the talent to make it work. I really do not know if he is up to a three song challenge two weeks from now. He did miss a lyric in his song as well. Now maybe it was intentional who knows. But you have to wonder if the pressure he, his family and all the young people its a lot to handle. David was the front runner all season, unlike Jordan who did not move to that until the final show.

David is going to have to rework the Neil songs because they do not fit his register in the least. As much as you don't like it, the music from the Jazz Singer, truely one of the worst movies and worst acting performances in history, fits David best.

David has tremendous talent lets just hope those who direct from here on in keep David's best interests in mind and not their own.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>Well, some people liked Tiny Tim and Weird Al Jankovic,

>too.

>>There are always freaks who like other freak shows.

>>

>>Mark

>

>Because I like Jason Castro, its not enough for you to respect

>my opinion? I have to be a freak? Thats some bullshit.

>

>I like all three of the guys, by the way. I also believe that

>Dave A will probably win, and deservingly so. I'll be happy if

>all 3 of the guys make it to the final 3.

>

I did not relate Jason to Tiny Tim until it was referenced here--I can see the relation, after having seen Jason sing the Over the Rainbow song. I can remember how much my mom hated Tiny Tim (she would not allow me to watch him). I found him entertaining (smile). However, I do not find Jason entertaining and I really disliked his performances of Over the Rainbow and Memory. I know it is difficult for the contestants to take on big, popular, songs. Having said that, I believe Syesha did well with "I Will Always Love You" and I truly enjoyed Carly's version of "Jesus Christ, Superstar." I didn't enjoy Syesha in the beginning, but I believe she has really "stepped up" her performances to stay in the competition.

ReturnOfS, I don't consider you, or myself, a freak--others may, so be it. Music appreciation, in my opinion, is subjective. I respect that you like Jason as I would expect you respect that I wish he had gotten voted off a while back...I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert, I just know what I enjoy. For example, I have to take everyone's word for it that David C. is a good singer--to paraphrase what Randy Jackson occasionally says, I just don't "get it" when David C. sings. My favorite is gone already (Michael Johns).

I believe David A. is a good singer but I doubt I would buy his CD based on the songs he's been performing on American Idol.

As for Brooke, I enjoy watching her perform--she is very talented and personable. Not sure I would pay for a CD just for listening, however.

I look forward to next week's performances--I expect they'll be quite entertaining.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ryan's kiss to Simon. I'm guessing the show has probably gotten a lot of negative feedback on the "banter" between the two. I usually agree with Simon's comments and I usually "lust" for Ryan. :9

Just my "2 cents" worth...

Gregg

Guest zipperzone

>and I usually "lust" for

>Ryan. :9

>

>

>Just my "2 cents" worth...

>

>Gregg

You have very good taste - glad to hear I'm not alone in the "Lust for Ryan" department :-)

Guest flamengo

Mark- you seem to be a real music critic!! Why don't you list your many credentials - that is, if there is room in one post!!!

Guest CURIOUS35

>Mark- you seem to be a real music critic!! Why don't you

>list your many credentials - that is, if there is room in one

>post!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Marc is a very qualified person to render musical performances criticisms; and objecttvely talk about the standards of singing and performance the American idol contestants show. He DOES have the credentials! :) Maybe just like sometimes we don't agree with published critics...maybe...just maybe we don't often agree with him and his manner of exposition. trust me guys....he is smart...erudite and a well informed man on many subjects. (of course,I will agree, the persona he sometimes project here does not point out to those qualities...maybe that his his way of keeping his privacy ! :)

Sometimes, he is very vocal about his dislikes and likes --- I DO AGREE WITH THE MAJORITY ON THIS! I am still trying to understand his posting mannerisms...but I still believe he is a very nice person, I perceive his persona in actual life , differently! ... a far cry from what I see him doing in this forum. :) Maybe it is his naughty side that drives him to post as he does! :)

Marc? You know I am speaking the truth! :) Love you man!

Guest CURIOUS35

>

>Everyone creates a persona for the internet especially when

>one is in a business where one is fairly well known.

>

>That should have been obvious ages ago.

>

>Mark

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Interesting post!

I know you are well-known Marc! Just surprised your Internet persona is a far cry from what you really are in person! :0

Oh well.. I guess you enjoy releasing some of the pent-up emotions and maybe the angst of the daily grind as an unlikeable Internet blogger ,

Now that you have said it...I can understand the posts and the threads you are involved with! :)

I enjoy you sometimes as Ariadne...sometimes not! But, I will always keep Marc Craig as a friend! for whatever it is worth...the guy is a friend. The italian neighborhood trattorie is waiting for your thumbs up or down! :)

Archived