"The Englishman" in the New Yorker.

Karl-G
This topic is 1309 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

@Karl-G, thank you for pointing this short story out; I just finished it and enjoyed it; on the magazine's website, there's an interview with Douglas Stuart about the story and class differences in the UK.

I just checked; "Brokeback Mountain" by Annie Proulx was published in the October 6, 1997, issue; I have been reading The New Yorker since high school, and was just in the process of coming out when I read (and then re-read!) this short story that became the basis for the movie; I was stunned and delighted to read it there.

One visit to the New Yorker website resulted in 108 new cookies. I maade sure that I had no Conde Nast cookies before I visited the website. They put multiple cookies on my computer for every Conde Nast website. I finally canceled my subscription and refuse to visit the site at all..any CN site!

• 3 weeks later...