15 Year Old Boy Shot and Killed in Class Because He Was Gay

Guest ncm2169

This topic is 5299 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

Several comments spring to mind.

If this had happened in Canada our "youthful offenders" law would prevent the name of the shooter from being publish 'cause the little darlin' is under aged. I think it's a really dumb law and I was under the impression the same law was in the US as well. Perhaps it depends on the state or perhaps I'm mistaken (There you go ANDERSON COOPER'S UNCLE, I said it)

A neighbor of mine had a housekeepr who was raped by a 16 year old boy who was living down the street. He was arrested, released on bail to await trial and went back to living with his parents down the street. There was no way for the neighbors to know that they had a rapist living in their midst, who was free to wander the streets looking for more prey.\

But what I really find interesting is that this supposed murderer was released on $770,000 bail (how do they come up with such an odd number?) and the prostitute/madam who supposedly had sex with Spitzer had her bail set at $2,000,000. Is the justice system broken or what?

It's not broken. The purpose of a bond is just to insure that a person will show up in court. It is not to be used as a punishment. I do agree that each judge uses it as he decides and bonding is often not used as it should be. Unfortunately, consistency is not a great hallmark of our judiciary.

Also, I wish to say that one of the great illnesses of this Nation is kids killing kids. No doubt, this emanates from what they learn from adults. It makes me feel ill just thinking about this problem but I, also, feel so helpless in trying to do something about it.

the Cajun

Guest msclonly

Hand guns and military type guns must be banned, now!

Real hunting guns are something else, if the person REALLY goes wild game hunting. Most are doubtful!

But in this case the victim provoked the others, so he contributed to his own demise.

The most overlooked aspect of these cases is the extent of the bullying and ridicule, that is so common in the U.S. society.

This is not so common in other cultures. Yet, we hear so little about it from the psychologists. It should be controled and controlled like hand guns should be. I believe it starts with the parents in many cases.

}(

Guest zipperzone

RE: Hand guns and military type guns must be banned, now!

>But in this case the victim provoked the others, so he

>contributed to his own demise.

No amount of provocation can justified being murdered.

I wonder if the murdered will get a slap on the wrist and minimal time.

Guest ReturnOfS

>

>But in this case the victim provoked the others, so he

>contributed to his own demise.

>

I really hope that I'm reading your post wrong.

"'He wasn't afraid'

Students at E.O. Green Junior High said the other kids used to taunt King, call him names and throw wet paper towels at him in the boys' restroom, and he would bravely fire back by flirting with them and chasing them.

"He didn't like people insulting him," said his friend Miriam Lopez, 13. "Larry was brave enough to bring high heels and makeup to school and he wasn't afraid of anything.""

Guest msclonly

Of course, it may not be justified, but are you dealing with a rational thinking adjusted adult or a distressed young person, who lives a REJECTED horrible life and will do anything to stop those feelings when provoked over and over as a VICTIM.

You should be able to appreciate the suffering he tried to cover up in dealing with his unacceptable feelings and not being understood by anyone from his family to his classmates, etc.

The feelings are stronger then the thinking.

Guest msclonly

Perhaps provoked is not the best word to describe, that he did edge them on by your last paragraph. There seems to be a twisted logic going on about his role in furthering the ridicule to show he was not afraid of anything,if that were simply the case.

He was afraid of his feelings of rejection and many of us have felt them, but for some reason didn't try to overcome them with acting out the very things, which increased the rejection.

So who was really doing the bullying?

Guest zipperzone

>Of course, it may not be justified, but are you dealing with

>a rational thinking adjusted adult or a distressed young

>person, who lives a REJECTED horrible life and will do

>anything to stop those feelings when provoked over and over as

>a VICTIM.

You sound like you got my meaning backwards. My point was that regradless of what the dead student did to his classmates it certainly does not make what happened to him justified. The way I read your reply sounds like I was saying the murdered student was not justified in his behaviour towards the others. That is not what I said at all.

>You should be able to appreciate the suffering he tried to

>cover up in dealing with his unacceptable feelings and not

>being understood by anyone from his family to his classmates,

>etc.

I can and do appreciate his suffering - you really have my point all back-asswards :-)

Guest ReturnOfS

>Perhaps provoked is not the best word to describe, that he

>did edge them on by your last paragraph. There seems to be a

>twisted logic going on about his role in furthering the

>ridicule to show he was not afraid of anything,if that were

>simply the case.

>He was afraid of his feelings of rejection and many of us have

>felt them, but for some reason didn't try to overcome them

>with acting out the very things, which increased the

>rejection.

>So who was really doing the bullying?

My God, are people on this board jealous of this kid because he wore girls clothes to school?! When he was alive he suffered abuse and harrassment at school. From what I can tell, he probably was kicked out of his house because he wasn't staying at home. Who was bullying who?! The boy is DEAD! Another student put a bullet in him at his own school. What else did you want this boy to suffer? Msclonly, I have to ask. whats wrong with you?

Guest msclonly

It is hard to understand your thinking.

So it is not possible to reply!