here! TV availability

a_nice_guy

This topic is 5300 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have Comcast as a cable provider in my county (Verizon FIOS is also available, but I subscribe to Comcast). Several months ago, I could go to the Comcast "On Demand" section and order a "here! TV" broadcast as a "Pay-Per-View" event. Recently, I tried that process and found that "here! TV" was moved to the Premium Channel section. When I select something to view, I get a message box telling me to call Comcast to subscribe...well, I called and the operator I had seemed to have very little knowledge about what was going on--we concluded that the programs on "here! TV" were not available in my area (which, btw, is between DC and Baltimore). Nor was "here TV" available as a subscription service. I like the programming that "here! TV" offers, more so than LOGO (which is provided as part of my basic cable subscription). I'm wondering if any of you know if the "here! TV" network is on its way out, or, if my area is just not as progressive "with the times" as I thought? I will admit: I live in an area where lots of military and government workers reside--perhaps the demand for a gay network is not as high as I would have otherwise thought.

Guest tuesclavo

I believe here is alive and well from what I can see. They are expanding their programming and coming out with new theatre films.

I also have comcast and about a year ago was able to subscribe for $8/mo. Before that I would have to order each program separately through on demand, which added up quickly, like $4 per program. It seems like they would either let you order the shows on demand or subscribe. Otherwise they don't make any money off it. Wonder if maybe you got a bum steer from that comcast rep.

If you can't get it from Comcast, look on the GetHere link on heretv's website. There are lots of options for downloading shows through various ip providers.

Comcast is a swamp.

The front-line sales people often don't know what's really on offer. You may have just had a phone rep who didn't know what's currently on offer.

It's actually common when the offerings change. They've been indoctrinated in the old offering and may not know how to deal with new offerings.

Give it a couple of days and call back. New indoctrination takes a while to take hold.