SF Bathhouses.

Eggman
This topic is 1411 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Great news, not so great timing. I'd be surprised if we see any new venues opening for at least a year or more. Even then it would likely be more along the lines of 442 rather than a traditional bathhouse like the old 8th/Howard or Ritch Street.

The timing of this is bizarre indeed, and I concur with you in terms of this happening anytime soon or in the near future. That pandemic has adversely affected everyone and everything.

["Steamworks," a bathhouse of long-standing in the Bay Area recently closed.]

I think you meant the Watergarden in San Jose. While temporarily shut down due to covid, Steamworks has not to the best of my knowledge closed permanently.

["Steamworks," a bathhouse of long-standing in the Bay Area recently closed.]

The Berkley club is on temporary hiatus (as are all of the Steamworks baths).

I think a lot of bathhouses are having a hard time. The two in Denver are definitely closed right now, which is a shame because I love going there in the summer and hanging out by the pool. I feel grateful that I got to go to Steamworks Chicago when I was there the week before everything closed down. Definitely might be a long time before I will be able to go to another bathhouse.