The new A & F?

Guest zipperzone

This topic is 5307 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

The April issue of Vanity Fair arrived in my mailbox today.

Remember those great sexy ads that Abercrombie & Fitch used to run?

Well I think they have been replaced by a (to me) most unexpected retailer. Check out the double page, full color ad of seven way hot, mostly shirtledd men, brought to you by LORD & TAYLOR. It's more like an "International Male" ad than a staid department store.

Also in the same issue is an article on Calvin Klien which has a few pics of Klien himself posing in what he probably thinks are seductive posed with the top of his CK underwear showing above his pants.

The man looks, old, used, unwell and just plain pathetic. But I guess his bank account isn't pathetic so who's to say which is important?

Guest zipperzone

>Or....none of us get Vanity Fair? ;)

I find THAT hatd to believe - surely there are some card-carrying fags out there somewhere. :-)

Flip through it on a news stand or at the supermarket - you'll be amazed!

Zipper,

If you're looking for more cute guys in a Conde Nast publication, you might try Details, GQ, and Men's Vogue (in that order). The cologne samples are targeted at men, so the magazine subscriptions practically pay for themselves.

Stay away from Food a Wine and Travel+Leisure. :)

...Hoover

Guest zipperzone

>Zipper,

>

>If you're looking for more cute guys in a Conde Nast

>publication, you might try Details, GQ, and Men's Vogue (in

>that order). The cologne samples are targeted at men, so the

>magazine subscriptions practically pay for themselves.

>

>Stay away from Food a Wine and Travel+Leisure. :)

>

>...Hoover

Thanks Hoover for the tip. I sometimes see these mags but after awhile all the airbrushed gents begin to look the same. Guess I'm more of an Architectural Digest type.

The main reason I subscribe to Vanity Fair is for the articles, some of which are first rate and as I am a big Dominick Dunne fan I always look for his column. Unfortunately he has not done one for a few months now as he is spending his time finishing his new novel. Guess the publisher gave him a big advance and is yelling because the manuscript is late :-)

The reason I mentioned the Lord & Taylor ad is because it reminded me of what A & F used to produce, before the prudes complained.

So I finally got the mag and agree that some of the boys in the ads are pretty hot...especially for old the Lord & Taylor department store.

And yes, I was surprised that Calvin Klein doesn't have a more "Hollywood" look. I guess it's to his credit that he isn't trying to look younger than he is.

Interesting to note that the new Calvin Klein underwear boxes show more dick on the box than ever before. When I was a kid there was nothing showing, then Calvin gave it some shape, and now, well, there's no doubt that there's a dick under those Calvins.