Idol: Archuleta hits it out of the park tonight

ariadne1880
This topic is 5879 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

He should do really great if and when they have a night devoted to the older ballads.

In some ways their policy of forcing the contestants to sing a particular type of song can work against a singer. If the type chosen for a particular night is one that the singer would never do on an album, simply because it is not his style, it could put him at a definite disadvantage.

And why do the networks not get together to coordinate time slots?Tonight I left Idol after the 1st hour because I didn't want to miss Dancing with the Stars. Advertisers as well as viewers would benefit if the programs didn't overlap.

The voice is so pure and so beautiful. Yes, his "cuteness" really helps (lets face it if he were 300 lbs and looked like Ugly Betty he wouldn't be on the show) and, thankfully, he reminds me of a godsons or a son or a grandson that you just want to protect. The connection he can make with an audience is amazing for that or any age. And I hate pop music!

His apparent shyness and modesty is also something that is extremely appealing. He seems so surprised by it all and then he sings and he just exudes confidence.

This is the kind of kid that gives one hope for the future.

Mark

Holy Christmas. I just read that column. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Who is this person? Sounds like someone who definitely needs to get back on the meds.

I don't know any 8-11 year old girls (thank god) but all of the 30 and 40 somethings I know think Archuleta is amazing.

Mark

Guest zipperzone

>I don't know any 8-11 year old girls (thank god) but all of

>the 30 and 40 somethings I know think Archuleta is amazing.

>

>Mark

Regardless of how many 8-11 year old girls you know - or don't know - the point he was making is that that demographic is the biggest voteing block and if you loose them, you're dead in the water.

Personally I would have thought the biggest block was the 10-13 year olds, but I guess there is not that much differance.

Even although DA has many fans in the 30+ group, they tend to not get on the phones with the same hysteria as the bubblegummers - hence, fewer votes.

Since Idol doesn't release vote totals yet alone any age categories I don't think the writer could possibly know this. I took the comment as a snide one poking fun at who he "thinks" likes Archuleta. I thought the whole column was some snide attempt, and I emphasize attempt, at humor.

Mark

Shows with high "hot guy" quotients:

Any MMA/UFC fight show

Road Rules/Real World Challenges

Any wrestling program as long as it isn't from the 1970s

Big Brother (although not this season)

Survivor

Of course, you have to watch with the sound on "mute" or you might be in danger of losing far too many brain cells.

Mark

Archived