New New York Gov. admits affair of "many years"

ariadne1880
This topic is 5920 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just hours after being sworn in, the new Gov. of New York admitted that both he and his wife had extramarital affairs (one lasting 2-3 years) during a rocky period in their marriage starting in 1999. He says "no state or campaign cash" was used for the liasons.

Mark

Well, good for him. It's about time the country faced the hypocrisy around extramarital affairs. They're very common. Ann Landers used to say that 70% of married men "cheated." Often the wives do too.

For myself, fidelity counts more than monogamy. When children are involved, the risk of hurting them should steer their parents in the right direction, but we all know that lust is a powerful thing. Why, I've even heard of clergymen having sex!

>Just hours after being sworn in, the new Gov. of New York

>admitted that both he and his wife had extramarital affairs

>(one lasting 2-3 years) during a rocky period in their

>marriage starting in 1999. He says "no state or campaign

>cash" was used for the liasons.

>

>Mark

Damn, he was not taking any chances. Talk about "nipping it in the bud"

That's the exact same reaction I had. I suspect he knew he had to "nip in the bud" because it was bound to come out.

I, for one, could care less but what a way to start out!

I don't know about "hypocristy" about extra-marital affairs. Where's the hypocrisy? I think it only matters -- if you are a public official -- if somehow it involved your official duties, state money or troopers, etc. Otherwise, it's nobody's business.

I've known plenty of married men and women who didn't have affairs. Lots of people are faithful. We just never hear about them. Good news is never reported.

Mark

Philly..Smartest thing to do!

Both he and the Wife had them, is a very good way of Explaining it! The Republicans would Luv to use it, BUT it isn't gonna work with the Voters. Slimeball Opportunist Guiliani (Remember Him) had a Wife and Girlfriend very Publicly when he was Mayor. No one at least in NYC made a Big Deal out of it!

Extra Marital Affairs are not looked at the same way as "Payin for It". They Usually deal with 1 Woman or MAN! LOL Not a Different Sex Worker every WEEK or Month!

Hopefully McGreavy's Wife another Big Time "Opportunist" can be proven to have been "doin" the Chauffer along with her Husband! This Woman deserve's whatever she gets! ;-)

OK. Let me ask this. Why does MacGreevey's wife "deserve whatever she gets" but MacGreevey (clearly the worse party) doesn't?

Is this just sticking with the 'mo?

I don't get it. MacGreevey is a complete and total scumbag. He deceived his wife, his family, the voters of his state. He used his official position to give a Homeland Security job to his lover who wasn't even a citizen of the USA.

What has Mrs. MacGreevey done that is even close to that? Even close.

Yes, we don't like her. But she's not even in the same league of a douchebag as her fucked-up husband.

Mark

Think again on this one. According to the other man, the chauffeur, MacGreevey, his wife and the chauffeur formed a menage a trois long before the couple was even married. Supposedly the chauffeur made this disclosure under oath in a deposition in the divorce proceedings. If this is indeed the case, and the guy is telling the truth, the soon to be ex-wife is hardly the innocent, wronged soul she has portrayaed herself as being.

That's a big "if." She has also denied it under oath. No, it wouldn't make her "innocent" but it's far cry, to me, from what MacGreevey did and has done.

The thing with the unqualified lover getting a job is so much worse. He put his state at risk with that appointment. Nothing the wife did is as bad.

Mark

>OK. Let me ask this. Why does MacGreevey's wife "deserve

>whatever she gets" but MacGreevey (clearly the worse

>party) doesn't?

>

>Is this just sticking with the 'mo?

>

>I don't get it. MacGreevey is a complete and total scumbag. He

>deceived his wife, his family, the voters of his state. He

>used his official position to give a Homeland Security job to

>his lover who wasn't even a citizen of the USA.

>

>What has Mrs. MacGreevey done that is even close to that? Even

>close.

>

>Yes, we don't like her. But she's not even in the same league

>of a douchebag as her fucked-up husband.

>

>Mark

I guess the reaction comes from the fact that he comes across with charisma and she with bitterness. She has a right to be bitter, you are right, he did deceive her but the media brings out the worst in her.

Another good examble is the big bad Heather Mills. Everyone loves Paul and hates Heather. It's what the media loves to do.

>Philly..Smartest thing to do!

>

>Both he and the Wife had them, is a very good way of

>Explaining it! The Republicans would Luv to use it, BUT it

>isn't gonna work with the Voters. Slimeball Opportunist

>Guiliani (Remember Him) had a Wife and Girlfriend very

>Publicly when he was Mayor. No one at least in NYC made a Big

>Deal out of it!

Didn't Vince Lombardi say something like "the best defense is a good offense?"

Well, bravo for the new gov for his honesty. Time will tell if he can move ahead and get some good work done for the people of NY State.

As for that sleeze bag son of a bitch McGreevey, or should I say, McSleezy, yesterday's NY Post front cover story about his three ways with the ex and the chauffeur certainly continued to blow the lid off what has become a "he said, she said" sordid affair. I was thankful the judge in their divoirce/custody case told the two of them to shut up and keep it out of the media.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03182008/news/regionalnews/mcg__it_was_3_mendous_sex_102439.htm

And in the middle of all this crap is a young child. What damage will this afflict on her?

Beware guys, he's lurking in Chelsea these days at the Episcopal Seminary. I wouldn't be surprised to see him frequenting the local video stores between classes! LOL

And on the other front, I am told ex-govenor Spitzer's two daughters are not well-liked at their posh private school. A friend also has a daughter who goes to the school and reports that the gov's girls are just as arrogant as their father! Shame. The apples don't fall far from the tree.

ED

Guest zipperzone

>That's a big "if." She has also denied it under

>oath.

Big deal - who can believe her?

What benefit could the chauffeur derive for saying that they had? And there are plenty of witnesses who saw that when they were travelling, the driver never had his own room but shared one with the couple. What do you think they were doing? Playing Canasta?

I just don't follow the media. I follow my own head and heart.

I don't find MacGreevey has any charisma whatsoever. I find him smarmy. A man who would put his state's Homeland Security department in the hands of a non-American citizen who he just happened to be fucking is beneath contempt.

He's a complete pig.

Mark

Guest ncm2169

< A man who would put his state's Homeland Security department in the hands of a non-American citizen who he just happened to be fucking is beneath contempt.

Yeah, like the "Doin' a great job, Brownie" deal after Katrina is less of a sin. Give me a fucking break. x( Are you seriously telling us you prefer poisoning over lust? x(

Archived