RM messanger

OceanTraveller
This topic is 1419 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In using the Rentmen Messager how can you tell if the message has been read or not ? I sent one to a provider and have not received a reply and do not know if it has been read yet ???

When you open your messages and look at the page for the provider that you contacted, if there is a small icon to the left of your message that looks like a double check mark, that indicates that he has opened it. I can't remember what the icon looks like before they do that (a sort of curved arrow, I think).

The curved arrow means you sent the message. A single check mark means the message was delivered. A Double check mark, as @mike carey states, means you’re message has been read. Sometimes I noticed the double check mark does happen until they start typing a reply.

I surprised myself by saying double check mark rather than double tick, which is what I would call it. I must be acclimating. (That would be acclimatising.)

Okay thanks ...I see the double check marks so mine was read but not responded to. I had written a nice introductory message with some info about myself and I put my upcoming September birthday age on there. I think he saw the age and ran like a scared haint ! ☺ I have had some good companions and am disappointed but will continue to peruse the reviews and the profiles . Thank You all for your responses here and stay safe !

i might be alone here, but don't use the RM messenger. it's not that great on our end and doesn't provide any added benefit, and it's just one more place we have to look and keep track of what's going on - on top of messages on RM, text messages, emails, messages here, messages on social media, it's just one more thing and one more way to get your message lost. stick with text messages or email.