Shows from people's homes

This topic is 1479 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm surprised only one scripted show (ALL RISE) is planning a show filmed through social media at the actors' homes. ( https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/all-rise-cbs-coronavirus-episode-1234572048/ )

It's been interesting getting a glimpse into some peoples' lives. Bill Maher impressed me climbing pretty quickly pretty far into a tree in his backyard. He's 64.

On THE REAL, one of the other hosts was talking when Tamera looked away from the screen and mom-yelled "ADEN...Shhh!" to her 7 year old. Adrienne admitted she & her hubby are trying for a quarantine baby. We've seen Loni's guy & met Jeannie's mom. And Blair Underwood looked DELECTABLE with quarantine facial hair and a beige cap yesterday. YUM! He's quarantining with his wife & 3 kids, 18-23.

Wendy Williams has lots of kitschy souvenirs by her kitchen. Norman looks rather yummy with no glasses, and more facial hair than normal (with a little grey on the chin).

vtfropg7s0psu6ptassx.png

26882388-8193609-Wendy_s_co_host-a-77_1586206489094.jpg

Meghan McCain's been making quite the fashion statement with her eyewear.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-09-at-7.05.57-PM-1024x591.png

Edited by samhexum

Thanks for posting. I wonder if we’ll see some interesting, cutting edge scripted show formats in the near future. All the Zoom split screens remind of the 2000 movie Timecode which had 4 simultaneous frames. It’ll be interesting to see how American Idol and The Voice look next week when they go live.

It’s been quite a week for live news blunders. On Thursday, Tampa Bay meteorologist Paul Dellegatto wasinterrupted mid-weather broadcast by his dog, who didn’t seem very concerned about the humidity levels across Southern Florida. Despite Dellegatto’s best efforts, he couldn’t get his golden retriever to calm down, and for the next minute and a half, he was forced to analyze the radar maps with a large puppy on his lap. More dog quarantine content, please!

Yesterday, FOX 13 chief meteorologist Paul Dellegato experienced some dog-induced technical difficulties in the middle of his at-home broadcast when Brody, his golden retriever, ran into his computer. “The maps aren’t going to move because he just whacked the computer with his head,” said the weatherman, as he attempted to explain the change in dew point across Florida. “So, let me just verbalize the forecast,” said Dellegato. Turning to Brody, he added, “That wasn’t very smart.”

The Tampa Bay weatherman attempted to run through the weekly forecast, but the puppy just wasn’t interested, and he repeatedly yawned as his owner worked through the daily highs and lows. “Didn’t mean to keep you up,” said Dellegato, after one particularly dramatic dog yawn. “Next time, Buddy. We’re going to eat after this.”

When Dellegato moved Brody off his lap, the dog discovered something even more exciting: the man behind the camera. After a few Brody-free seconds, the outline of his head suddenly popped up from the bottom of the screen. “Oh, boy,” said Dellegato. “He’s jumping up looking for Craig outside the window.”

Dellegato explained that Craig is a producer standing on the porch holding “a blanket up so that the reflection” doesn’t mess up the shot. “And now he can’t see Craig so he’s going crazy trying to find Craig behind the blanket,” he said.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, Paul, but this is amazing and great. I love it,” said one of Dellegato’s co-anchors. “We don’t need to see that forecast map. We’ll just look at Brody.” Hard agree.

Remember when you used to have the hots for James Spader? I guess these days he counts on his acting abilities rather than his looks in order to get work...

Production on THE BLACKLIST shut down during the filming of episode 19. Producers decided to make that the season finale and finished the episode with a mix of live action scenes they'd shot along with animated scenes, with the stars recording dialogue from their homes.

Episode 18, airing May 8th, will be the series' 150th episode, and the season finale will air May 15.

In an attempt to build up a library to get through the summer, I have not watched since it came back from its winter break. I think I have 6 episodes to watch, plus these final two.

Edited by samhexum

Alec Baldwin returned as President Trump for the season finale of “Saturday Night Live” — chugging Clorox while giving a college commencement speech by Zoom.

In the cold open, Baldwin’s Trump was told he was the eighth pick for the graduates’ speech, with preferred options Axl Rose, murder hornets and even X Æ A-12, Elon Musk’s new baby with singer Grimes.

Just one student clapped as he appeared in a trademark “Make America Great Again” hat” on their Zoom chat window, with the president telling them, “Congratulations to the class of COVID-19.”

“I’m so honored to be your valedictator,” he told them, meshing “valedictorian” and “dictator.”

The students soon started calling for White House coronavirus task force expert Dr. Anthony Fauci to replace him, much to the fake Trump’s ire.

“Sure, everyone loves Fauci — don’t you hate when these elite medical experts tell you what to do?” Baldwin’s president said, later insisting he was “the world’s leading expert on infectious diseases.’

Baldwin’s Trump then made a dry cough — a key symptom of the coronavirus — before chugging from a bottle of Clorox bleach.

“Good old invincibility juice,” he said, as the skit teased Trump for questioning whether disinfectant could be injected into the body to kill the coronavirus, remarks he later insisted were sarcastic.

The pretend Trump then tried to make a true motivational speech, telling the graduates to “believe in yourselves and you can achieve anything” — noting that he “started as the son of a simple, wealthy slumlord.”

“Surround yourself with the worst people you can find. That way you’ll always shine,’ he told them, also advising them to just call anything they don’t understand “stupid.”

“And live every day like it’s your last — because we’re gonna let this virus run wild,” he told them.

“This virus that — remember — was started in a lab in Obama,” he said, naming the former president in place of Wuhan, the Chinese city where the contagion originated.

By the end, all but one of the students had switched off from his Zoom call.

“Wow, this crowd has thinned out faster than Adele,” Baldwin’s Trump said, referring to the British singer’s dramatic weight loss.

Baldwin then transferred to the rest of the show by saying, “Taped from my home one last time — it’s Saturday night.”