Medici.tv

Karl-G
This topic is 1473 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you are getting bored and stir crazy with quarantine, and yearn for a good concert, you might consider medici.tv. They record and transmit via streaming more than 300 live concerts each year - from venues like Carnegie Hall and Wigmore Hall and the Bastille Opera, from music festivals like Verbier, from orchestras like the Vienna Phalharmonic and London Philharmonic, solo recitals by Juan Diego Flores, etc, plus operas from Glyndebourne and elsewhere, plus ballets. Many of these are then kept permanently in their archives and are available for viewing at any time. There is an annual subscription fee, but right now there is a special sale, and you can get an entire year of live concerts and archived performances for less than you would pay for a single moderately priced ticket to one concert. They are the best site of their kind, and I recommend them very highly This morning I attended a concert at the Lincoln Center Chamber Music Society and this afternoon, so far, I watched Daniel Barenboim, live, from the Pierre Boulez Saal in Berlin, empty of patrons because of the virus, with an all Chopin concert. One of the most delightful concerts I have found in the archives is a performance from 1970 of Schubert's "Trout Quintet" with Daniel Barenboim, Jacquelin Du Pre, Zubin Mehta on bass, Itzhak Perlman, and Pinchas Zuckernman on viola. The performers were all in their 20s! Absolutely delightful.

Edited by Karl-G

I enjoyed Medici tv for a number of years, but cancelled recently as it was cultural overload. Also, it had some streaming issues and the interface was cumbersome. I prefer going to live opera, but the coverage of several music festivals was awesome.