azdr0710
This topic is 1496 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

gee, didn't see it listed as a thread......did I miss it??......

just watched it last night......ho-hum for me......was distracted too much by the much-ballyhooed single-shot cinematography, I guess......the plot seemed thin and unimportant......no character development at all.......perfunctory cameo appearances by a few famous actors seemed strange......

but scattered real "life in the trenches" moments were good history.......and, other than the single-shot gimmick, the cinematography was very slick and moody.....seeing it on the big screen, instead of my 50" home screen, probably would've been better, especially for the plane crash.......

Having taken up an interest in Video & Photgraphy recently, I stumbled across a YouTube page talking about Cinema lenses versus photographic ones in a discussion with the lens designer for a company called ARRI. The guy said that the movie was shot with *two* lenses made by their company - mostly a 40mm, but one scene was done with a 35mm lens, so that means. You can have either of those lovely lenses for about $23,000 (just for the lens, to say nothing of the camera). They had clips from the shooting of the movie showing the position of the camera, as well as a couple of clips of the scenes being shot ..