Stardust

Guest DickHo
This topic is 5932 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Stardust recently became available on DVD. It's a fun and campy, a kinda silly fairy tale for adults but with high production values and good performances.

DeNiro's performance is not to be missed. If you don't know about his performance, don't let anyone tell you about it, it's better to be surprised.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486655/

(The plot synopsis contains spoilers)

This is absolutely in my top five movies of last year list. Which I haven't drawn up yet, actually, so maybe it's even the top one. I was a bit unhappy to learn that it hadn't done very well at the box office. I hope that it did better overseas?

I absolutely agree and loved this film. I kept seeing bus ads in NYC this past July when I was there and couldn't wait to see the film. I did alert folks here to the film in a thread late last summer, and advised folks to see it early as it probably wouldn't be in theaters very long. It wasn't. Fortunately, it did make some money. I loved the casting. I thought Michelle and Robert did great jobs with really send-up type roles.

Bought the DVD the day it was released.

A real fan of this film here.

Archived