Actor Brad Renfro dies at 25

ariadne1880
This topic is 5466 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It seems to me that the legal system isn't treating substance abuse seriously enough. Drugs kill. I'm all in favor of treatment instead of incarceration, but it should be required of those opting for treatment that they undergo frequent random drug tests or go back to the slammer. As a physician who treats a lot of people who happen to be drug addicts (I don't want to say that I treat drug addicts because I'm not directly involved in the drug treatment, but I do treat consequences), I'm shocked by the number of repeat offenders who start doing drugs the moment they're let out. I know these guys are doing drugs, but their probation officers and parole officers don't seem to. If anything, it should be easier for parole officers to figure it out. After all, I can't just barge into my patients' houses and ask for urine samples.

Guest Tristan

Here's a link to more detail and a photo:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22671919/

I first saw Brad Renfro in the film "The Client" with Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones, based on a John Grisham novel. It was a good flick. If anyone is into film based on JG novels, this is worth watching, though sad right now.

I only recently just bought the DVD of "Apt Pupil' at Borders. I thought Brad Renfro was wonderful in this film as well as in the movie "Bully". which I have recently seen as well. It is indeed sad to see such a young talented and handsome actor who should have been able to enjoy a wonderful future ahead of him pass away under such circumstances. Makes me remember the way I reacted when River Phoenix was found dead under seemingly similiar circumstances. What a waste!

ag

Guest zipperzone

>Hopefully Britney won't end up dead in 2008. I think it's

>highly likely, unfortunetly.

I think you're right. Call me insensitive, but that wouldn't be a big loss. The kids are way better off with their dad.

I am soooo sick of the press hanging on her every blip.

Guest Havan_IronOak

No one has yet mentioned Brad Renfro's role in Bully. He plays a young man of somewhat ambiguous gender preference who's tormented by the "bully" ito entering a male strip contest.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived