Keep Records About Clients?

This topic is 1512 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many providers keep notes or records on their clients? I would assume some records about who is a good client, poor client, idiosyncrasies, notes pro and con would be helpful from a business standpoint. I wouldn’t expect a full dossier on all of us, but something like that could be a good business tool.

In my case a good chunk of clients are regular repeats, so I have gotten to know their interests, like, dislikes, etc so just a contact name or a simple "Dom" or "bottom" in the note section of a contact entry does the trick. The hard part is having to switch between a gentle body contact bfe session and a slap in the face, piss and shit, verbal degradation appointment. ?

I keep message threads on my phone and reread conversations to get in the headspace to switch between extremes.

Legally required? Obamacare so regulated medical records that Doctor's non-digital files were basically obsolete - everything must be online. I now pick my doctor's by how much face time I get before, during and after their documentation of the visit. Fifteen minutes appointments are invariably 30 minutes because they have to document everything in the computer right that moment.

I fired one doctor who came in with his laptop in his hands, head buried in the screen for the entire visit. He usually shook my hand at the start, but never at the end of the appointment.

And this has what to do with the discussion topic? ?