The Naked Chef at Home

Guest ryan2552
This topic is 5932 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He's a Nice looking Guy, BUT the MTV Shoot up his nostrils while he speaks, always got on my nerve's..LOL

The Tall Goodlooking Guy, with Blond Hair and Gorgeous EYES, that cruise's the Supermarkets looking for some Woman to Cook for, gets me goin'! Very Sexy Guy, Great Smile!

Tyler Florenz did it for me for a long time and apparently for some of the Women he helped cook Dinner for, judging by the way they were looking at him and NOT the food!

BUT alas' Tyler's "Profession" has caught up with him.

He's putting on the POUNDS as we speak! LOL ;-)

Jamie is cute enough, but when it comes to food and the food network, I'll stick with Paula Deen. She does stuff you might actually cook, and then eat.

I used something close to her shrimp-stuffed twice-baked potato recipe for Christmas dinner. (Didn't have the recipe handy, so I went from memory.) It was fabulous.

I don't watch food network for the hot guys. It's for the good food. ;-)

Paula Deen is certainly my favorite on the Food Network. But damm, I gain weight just watching her cook.

On one of her shows with the live audience she was asked about the amount of butter she uses in her recipes; her answer was perfect: "I'm a cook, not a nutritionist". She can cook for me anytime!

I like Paula but her recipes are so full of fat that you really can't eat them regularly without destroying your gall bladder. I've also found that her recipes don't always work terribly well.

I prefer Ina Garten, whose recipes are simple and good but not so over the top with fat and sugar.

Rachel Ray gets on my nerves with all that cutesy pie stuff so I don't know if her recipes are any good.

Tyler Florence has some good recipes though and is an attractive guy.

The one I really can't abide though is that loudmouth blusterer Emeril. He just screams at the camera all the time and has an audience of idiots who cheer when he says "garlic." I mean really, how stupid can you be?

>Jamie is cute enough, but when it comes to food and the food

>network, I'll stick with Paula Deen. She does stuff you might

>actually cook, and then eat.

>

>I used something close to her shrimp-stuffed twice-baked

>potato recipe for Christmas dinner. (Didn't have the recipe

>handy, so I went from memory.) It was fabulous.

>

A while back Food Network was doing a marathon of her shows and some friends and I gathered around to watch. We mixed up a batch of martinis and setteld into the afternoon. To make it interesting we made a game of knocking back a drink every time she added butter to a dish. Needless to say at the end of two hours there were six very intoxicated homos doing very bad Paula impersonations. :9

>I don't watch food network for the hot guys. It's for the good

>food. ;-)

(As for me I am rather partial to Alton Brown.)

>A while back Food Network was doing a marathon of her shows

>and some friends and I gathered around to watch. We mixed up

>a batch of martinis and setteld into the afternoon. To make

>it interesting we made a game of knocking back a drink every

>time she added butter to a dish. Needless to say at the end

>of two hours there were six very intoxicated homos doing very

>bad Paula impersonations. :9

ROFL!

I was watching a show recently when every recipe started with a pound of butter.

Just when I was thinking "damn! that's a lot of butter" she said something like "now I know y'all think this is a lot of butter but it's the holidays y'all and nothing says love like butter!"

Well, OK then! :7

My favorite Paula-ism is when she's asked for her favorite recipe. She says "now y'all it's not fair to ask a fat girl that!"

She gets points for style (and honesty), every time. :p

Guest ryan2552

>Jamie is cute enough, but when it comes to food and the food

>network, I'll stick with Paula Deen. She does stuff you might

>actually cook, and then eat.

>

I agree Paula makes more practical food as does Rachel Ray. I've actually learned how to cook in my old age by watching Rachel Ray, Paula and the petite Italian woman, I think her name is Gina.

Jamie is fun to watch. He has so much energy plus his cute looks and sexy accent sometimes make what he's actually cooking a non-issue :p

My all time favorite cooks were THE TWO FAT LADIES! I loved watching them, of course, nothing they ever made inticed me to try it and of course, Jennifer Patterson, always put anchovies in almost everything she made! Nevertheless they were entertaining and fun.

I have to say since Julia Child and the 2 Fat Ladies left the air, I haven't seen anyone who interests me that much anymore. Paula Dean is very funny and has a terrific laugh, but as previously said, her favorite ingredient is butter, so her dishes are not the most heart-healthy recipes.

Emeril just got cancelled on the Food network, so at least we won't be hearing "BAM" for awhile!

I been enjoying the show Top Chef. The competitive nature of the show and the different personalities make it interesting to watch.

ED

Guest EuropTravl

>My all time favorite cooks were THE TWO FAT LADIES! I loved

>watching them, of course, nothing they ever made inticed me to

>try it and of course, Jennifer Patterson, always put anchovies

>in almost everything she made! Nevertheless they were

>entertaining and fun.

I was just in Barnes and Nobles yesterday asking whether they had finally released the DVD box set. (after those pesky sales people asked if they could help me for the 4th or 5th time, must look like I'm a shoplifter or something) What the hell is wrong with the BBC? I want my Fat Ladies, God love'em!

Jennifer: "No, you may NOT substitute yogurt for cream. Yogurt is NOT 'instead of' cream."

The 2 Fat Ladie's Rocked! They were as down to earth with their cooking style as you will ever get! I did get a little squemish when the LARD came out though! BUT I guess that is part of "English" Cuisine!

Julia was and will alway's be the "Queen" of Cooking! I'm guessing because she was one of the First and definitely the most Entertaining and Interesting in her Field. I doubt many will have the Longevity she did.

EMERIL finally is off! The 24/7 Emeril I think was getting on everyone's nerve's, possibly even his own! The TV Sitcom really pushed it also! LOL :)

Archived