History Channel: Brokaw's "1968"

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5951 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

Has anyone else seen it, I hope? :*

There's apparent controversy over Brokaw's portrayal of certain events, but as one who was in full rebellion that year (I took the political route), it seemed real as Hell to me. No doubt it was the defining year of my life. Seems like yesterday, except when I listen to the Beatles' "When I'm 64," and I go into full panic mode thinking how close I'm approaching an age which only a few years ago was lightyears away. x(

"No doubt it was the defining year of my life"

Same for me.

I passed on the History Channel show. Earlier this month I saw an interview with Brokaw talking about his book about 1968, called "Boom."

I was not impressed with Brokaw and learned nothing about 1968 that I did not already know. Perhaps the people who worked on the History Channel show were actually involved in peace demonstrations, worked for McCarthy, Kennedy or even LBJ, or served in Vietnam. I understand Brokaw reported the events of '68, rather than lived them. But Brokaw still seemed unaware of far too much in the interview.

Guest ncm2169

< Perhaps the people who worked on the History Channel show were actually involved in peace demonstrations, worked for McCarthy,

Not sure about them, but I was big into both (GAWD, the stories I could tell). I didn't see the interview. I'm thinking the History Channel show relied a lot on footage and less on Brokaw's interpretation(s).

Archived