Ivo at Rev*ve in DC

DC Guy
This topic is 1580 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi all- I know there’s been much conversation about Ivo at Rev*ve Massage in Washington, DC. I have had three massages with him, all of which were great and incorporated some sensual elements, but did not include HE. I have a fourth massage with him coming up soon. If you’ve had success getting him to do more, please PM me.

thanks.

Why the sad face?

because in situations like this, you may continue to get snookered ..... the anticipation of something more happening keeps you going back.

the carrot continues to dangle.

I had about 4 massages with another guy (although he was good at massage skills) left me with the false sense of anticipation. I stopped going to him.... won’t be a 5th time.

Personally, it annoys me anytime someone mentions Ivo or Ian.... they’re both notorious teasers and should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by Monarchy79

One more point to these masseurs...

If you know you are “strictly therapeutic”,

Then:

1.) advertise on a site that promotes therapeutic massage (i.e. massage finder)

2.) work in a spa

3.) stop advertising in shirtless, “innuendo”-style pics.

4.) create your own practice and site where you can specify therapeutic massage...

but to advertise on sites where sensorial massage practices are alluded to, is a way of leading people on...

I refuse to fall for it.

Edited by Monarchy79

One more point to these masseurs...

If you know you are “strictly therapeutic”,

Then:

1.) advertise on a site that promotes therapeutic massage (i.e. massage finder)

2.) work in a spa

3.) stop advertising in shirtless, “innuendo”-style pics.

4.) create your own practice and site where you can specify therapeutic massage...

but to advertise on sites where sensorial massage practices are alluded to, is a way of leading people on...

I refuse to fall for it.

Personally, it annoys me anytime someone mentions Ivo or Ian.... they’re both notorious teasers and should be ashamed of themselves.

I disagree [mostly] with you. I will focus on Ivo and Ian since you called them out by name. If asked, they will both tell you upfront that they will not be nude, do not allow mutual touch, and do not provide release. Yes Ivo (and his partner Petar) may be flirty to entice you to come back, but...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVF2DdBfTrItkxzWcnicIpThmdKo1WiXBUx8_awH-DL7tiTppZCQ&s

They are business men and looking to attract clients. When I was a good looking and strapping young buck in my 20s, my boss at the software company where I worked...used to drag me along to conferences to work the sales booth. Tactics to bring in the customers that might otherwise had passed our booth by. It's the business way.

...and a response to your 4 points...

1) Both Ivo and Ian do advertise on massagefinder. They advertise elsewhere as well. It seems that they welcome male customers...and they advertise where the male customers shop. I see nothing wrong with that.

2) Ivo does work in a spa (Revive DC) and Ian is outcall only (like Zeel or Soothe)

3) Ivo has never posed shirtless. Ian does violate this....so i will give you this one. In addition, his RentMasseur Ad also says sensual...which he does not deliver. I spoke with him about this about 5 years ago when I had my first massage with him. He seemed to think that a softer "Swedish" style massage was sensual. I told him no, asked him to get onto the table and proceeded to show him what a sensual massage would be like. However, he did not change his style of massage or his indicator on his profile.

4) Ivo does have his own website for Revive. Ian does as well called Revitalize.

I disagree [mostly] with you. I will focus on Ivo and Ian since you called them out by name. If asked, they will both tell you upfront that they will not be nude, do not allow mutual touch, and do not provide release. Yes Ivo (and his partner Petar) may be flirty to entice you to come back, but...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVF2DdBfTrItkxzWcnicIpThmdKo1WiXBUx8_awH-DL7tiTppZCQ&s

They are business men and looking to attract clients. When I was a good looking and strapping young buck in my 20s, my boss at the software company where I worked...used to drag me along to conferences to work the sales booth. Tactics to bring in the customers that might otherwise had passed our booth by. It's the business way.

...and a response to your 4 points...

1) Both Ivo and Ian do advertise on massagefinder. They advertise elsewhere as well. It seems that they welcome male customers...and they advertise where the male customers shop. I see nothing wrong with that.

2) Ivo does work in a spa (Revive DC) and Ian is outcall only (like Zeel or Soothe)

3) Ivo has never posed shirtless. Ian does violate this....so i will give you this one. In addition, his RentMasseur Ad also says sensual...which he does not deliver. I spoke with him about this about 5 years ago when I had my first massage with him. He seemed to think that a softer "Swedish" style massage was sensual. I told him no, asked him to get onto the table and proceeded to show him what a sensual massage would be like. However, he did not change his style of massage or his indicator on his profile.

4) Ivo does have his own website for Revive. Ian does as well called Revitalize.

Hello,

and happy belated new year!!! I totally see your points. However....

1.) “Yes Ivo (and his partner Petar) may be flirty to entice you to come back”

Why even flirt in the first place? Telling a man your massage is “strictly therapeutic” then flirting with him, is sending a mixed message. Are they selling a service? Or selling hope and anticipation? ???

2.) “ They are business men and looking to attract clients. When I was a good looking and strapping young buck in my 20s, my boss at the software company where I worked...used to drag me along to conferences to work the sales booth. Tactics to bring in the customers that might otherwise had passed our booth by. It's the business way.” I think your scenario are a bit of “apples and oranges” here. The difference is that at those conferences, there was no direct expectation of a sexual/sensorial act occurring because your line of business didn’t involve that. With the areas of massage, the range is wide (sports, therapeutic, tantric, etc.) so to reel in customers with sex appeal, or attraction is misleading. I will personally tell you that I get sports/therapeutic massages from a 65-70 year old man, who is constantly booked, and does amazing work, from all types of clients. Males and females of all walks of life patronize him. He doesn’t need to target a demographic with what he thinks will “reel them in”. He doesn’t need to allude to any type of service other than what he provides. In the world of massage, all you have to do is be good at it in order to grow your business. Nothing more, nothing less. When I want a masssage that teeters (and crosses), the realm of sensuality and eroticism, I know exactly who to go to, for that....??

3.) The fact that Ivo and Ian have to “clarify” their boundaries is a clear indication that their advertising is misleading. No man in his right mind would go into a traditional, therapeutic spa and ask if the massage therapist will be butt naked and will they play with their butt, balls and schlong.... These guys get this questioning because the methods and location of their advertising alludes to “something more”. They know this, and it’s deceptive.

They should run their businesses based on integrity, and skill.... not innuendo and sex appeal.

Why even flirt in the first place? Telling a man your massage is “strictly therapeutic” then flirting with him, is sending a mixed message. Are they selling a service? Or selling hope and anticipation? ???

Males and females of all walks of life patronize him. He doesn’t need to target a demographic with what he thinks will “reel them in”. He doesn’t need to allude to any type of service other than what he provides.

Why did Pepsi in 1992 produce a tv commercial featuring Cindy Crawford in a tight t-shirt and booty shorts? Why did Salem feature a cigarette ad featuring Tom Selleck with his shirt unbuttoned and tufts of chest hair spilling out? Yes these industries are not closely aligned with sex...but Sex(appeal) sells.

No man in his right mind would go into a traditional, therapeutic spa and ask if the massage therapist will be butt naked and will they play with their butt, balls and schlong....

I think you just insulted a majority of the population on this forum :cool:

Why did Pepsi in 1992 produce a tv commercial featuring Cindy Crawford in a tight t-shirt and booty shorts? Why did Salem feature a cigarette ad featuring Tom Selleck with his shirt unbuttoned and tufts of chest hair spilling out? Yes these industries are not closely aligned with sex...but Sex(appeal) sells.

I think you just insulted a majority of the population on this forum :cool:

No one literally thought that sipping a Pepsi would get them in the bed with Cindy Crawford, nor did they literally think that smoking a cigarette would get them laid by Tom Selleck....

However, looking on rentmasseur, and seeing a shirtless guy oozing in pictures, and posting ads telling prospective clients how good he’ll make them feel would leave the client to believe that he’d leave “happy”....

There’s a difference between advertising imagery, and false advertisement through innuendo lol.

It seems the fact that if a masseur does do good massage work and don’t mind if you end up exposed, aroused, or more (finishing yourself perhaps) is part of the appeal. I’m ok with their advertising on sites with more sensual stuff because I don’t have to feel self conscious about those things. This is a generic comment and I’m not saying these guys offer this.

Edited by jbro

As an aside, for future reference, I want to strongly suggest that if anyone has had an experience of HE/MT or anything more with a massage therapist that works in a spa and is confirmed to be lisenced, please do not post that experience anywhere and just keep it as a secret .

Your personal experience could spread like wildfire and the massage therapists’ license and business could be negatively impacted.