Recharge ----> DayUse??

LaffingBear
This topic is 1609 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The app DayUse shows some very reasonable rates for non-overnight reservations at local hotels.

I know that DayUse was formerly Recharge. Recharge quoted the rate for one hour. DayUse shows a six to eight hour window.

Does anyone know, has anyone used DayUse? E.g. a Marriott listed on DayUse $99 10 am - 5pm. Is it $99 for the full seven hours, or $99 to choose any one hour during that timeframe?

Apologies... I dont see the details on the app. The "offer details" button reveals room features, such as TV, wifi, in-room safe, etc.

The app DayUse shows some very reasonable rates for non-overnight reservations at local hotels.

I know that DayUse was formerly Recharge. Recharge quoted the rate for one hour. DayUse shows a six to eight hour window.

Does anyone know, has anyone used DayUse? E.g. a Marriott listed on DayUse $99 10 am - 5pm. Is it $99 for the full seven hours, or $99 to choose any one hour during that timeframe?

Apologies... I dont see the details on the app. The "offer details" button reveals room features, such as TV, wifi, in-room safe, etc.

Dayuse

The pricing of a dayuse room includes the rent of a room
for a given period of time
(check-in time to check-out time). You may check-in anytime during the time slot you have booked. Most of our partners offer the same access to their facilities than for night clientele. In case of any doubt, please feel free to contact our customer service. Please note that extra taxes and fees may be required. This information is indicated in the price details section

Dayuse is my new “go to” for day rate hotels. Big inventory, good prices, easy no fee cancellations. I like that some properties have a few “offers”, various rates for various check in times and length of stay.

I used Hotel-By-Day for the longest time, now almost exclusively I prefer Dayuse.

One interesting twist happened to me a few days ago though. It was a Sunday morning about 9 AM, and I wanted a room in a few hours. I went to Dayuse, found a usual place, and made my “reservation“. At that point I was informed that they had to request the offer from the hotel, and would email me back. That has never happened to me before, I assume it’s because I was asking for a room within a couple hours. They didn’t get back to me quick enough (to my satisfaction) so I checked HBD (for the same hotel property) and they booked it immediately, confirmed. I cancelled the Dayuse no problem.

Got my room, met my date, and fun ensued! I’ll go back to Dayuse due to their inventory of participating properties. However it’s to have both (or more) options.

???? For Dayuse