San Francisco: EmilianoG & ChadHorseback

LaffingBear
This topic is 1578 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Chadhorseback will meet you in the Lobby of a so-so SOMA hotel, he will not talk on the phone.

I urge caution too.

EDIT: He will not send a verified selfie.

Edited by Oaktown

These days, phone numbers don't really shed much light. The area code is assigned based on where you buy the phone. My mobile phone has a NY area code even though I haven't lived in NY for 8 years.

And mine has a San Diego number. Then again, I lived there when I bought it. However, the probability that a self-described Texan was in North Dakota to buy a phone and then relocate to San Francisco seems rather low.

Not so low odds at his age. When I was that age, I lived in three different states in 5 years. I grew up in MA, and would consider myself a Bostonian, went to college in Maine, grad school in NC, then worked in Maine. Had I gotten a cell at that age (I held out for a long, long time on getting one, relying on PDAs and Blackberries), I could well have bought a phone in NC, lived in Maine, and described myself as a Bostonian. There may be other reasons to be suspicious, or not, but I don't think the area code of the cell phone is a tell-tale sign of anything.