Letterkenny

This topic is 774 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.hulu.com/series/letterkenny-0f756343-1afc-46ba-805a-bb6b1c1e8c65

Great show that's had long time success in Canada but is just now being discovered here, thanks to Hulu picking it up.

Quick 23 minute episodes. Very, very funny. Quippy and fast dialogue.

Until you get the hang of Canadian slang, I'd recommend subtitles :)

https://www.hulu.com/series/letterkenny-0f756343-1afc-46ba-805a-bb6b1c1e8c65

Great show that's had long time success in Canada but is just now being discovered here, thanks to Hulu picking it up.

Quick 23 minute episodes. Very, very funny. Quippy and fast dialogue.

Until you get the hang of Canadian slang, I'd recommend subtitles :)

What Canadians have slang!!

• 11 months later...

LK1.jpg

Season 9 was released at the end of December on Hulu.

The writing remains fast, quippy and very funny. If you haven't seen this show, give it a shot (and turn on subtitles to make sure to catch everything).

https://www.hulu.com/series/letterkenny-0f756343-1afc-46ba-805a-bb6b1c1e8c65?&cmp=11363&utm_source=google&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=CM_SEM_Letterkenny&utm_term=letterkenny&ds_rl=1251123&gclid=CjwKCAiAuoqABhAsEiwAdSkVVLGzvmn4oTAOnsrF-O3TGbSeOa3Y7lRF0sj_EL3bbIdb4ARfzqabgxoCqOkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I ran into this show mostly through youtube clips. They were really weird at first but oddly fascinating and eventually grew on me.

I like the show but it's one I like to pop into every once in while rather than binge. It's usually not too plot heavy so you can just start in anywhere you like. And yes Hulu's subtitles help a lot.

Also, Wayne (aka Jared Kesso)....*fans self*

I enjoyed the first season, but I felt like the second season wasn’t as organic as the first, and thus I stopped watching. The characters felt naturally funny in season one without trying to be so. But maybe I’ll give the show another shot, possibly starting with season three.

• 3 weeks later...

I love LetterKenny because it's the Anti-Schitt's Creek.

I love LetterKenny because the dialogue is faster than Gilmore Girls and Veep turned to 11.**

I love LetterKenny because the music is carefully and brilliantly curated.

I love LetterKenny because Wayne reminds me of every hot man I grew up around.

And I love LetterKenny because even though all the stars are Zillenials, the characters display the mean indifference of Generation Z:

"Fuck I could watch kids fall off bikes all day, I don't give a shit about your kid."

tenor.gif

** Until today I hadn't thought of using the Hulu subtitles and I'm glad I had to follow the GunFire cadence on my own.

• 1 year later...
Guest MikeThomas

@Benjamin_NicholasThanks for the Letterkenny recommendation.  Obvi very different from Schitt’s Creek.  Can’t stop watching.  The main cast are on tour.  Not sure I want to watch indoors here in Chicago with an audience that probably won’t wear masks!  The prostate exam episode as hilarious!

56 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

@Benjamin_NicholasThanks for the Letterkenny recommendation.  Obvi very different from Schitt’s Creek.  Can’t stop watching.  The main cast are on tour.  Not sure I want to watch indoors here in Chicago with an audience that probably won’t wear masks!  The prostate exam episode as hilarious!

I've got tickets for the Houston and NYC shows. 

And the cast decided that the audience will need to mask up. That's tour wide. 

• 1 month later...
Guest MikeThomas

Apparently there is a Shoresy spin-off coming this spring with Jared Keeso (Wayne) as Shoresy.  The two gay dudes in LK are very funny.  The STD episode was ridiculous.  Google “Letterkenny bloopers”

11 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

Apparently there is a Shoresy spin-off coming this spring with Jared Keeso (Wayne) as Shoresy.  The two gay dudes in LK are very funny.  The STD episode was ridiculous.  Google “Letterkenny bloopers”

Bloopers were really fun, thank you. 

The last two seasons were just awful, and I hate to be one of those people, nevertheless the show going forward is dead to me.  Additionally, I'll be forever grateful to them for every episode before.  

Guest MikeThomas
28 minutes ago, Rod Hagen said:

Bloopers were really fun, thank you. 

The last two seasons were just awful, and I hate to be one of those people, nevertheless the show going forward is dead to me.  Additionally, I'll be forever grateful to them for every episode before.  

I haven’t reached the last two seasons yet.  Just starting S7.  I have to say I found the S6 episode about the c-word a bit much after awhile.

13 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

I haven’t reached the last two seasons yet.  Just starting S7.  I have to say I found the S6 episode about the c-word a bit much after awhile.

Forget I said anything.  Hope you enjoy all of it.  :-)

Edited by Rod Hagen