Judy Garland, mystery Guest, "What's My Line"

WilliamM
This topic is 1171 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

She mentioned Valley of the Dolls.

Found an interesting piece on that, including her connection to the movie.

Really interesting....I took my Mom's copy to school to read in study hall (7th grade) and was suspended until my Mom came to school..The teacher wouldn't believe she would read such trash....I loved it and the movie....I had already read her "Fanny Hill" "Carpetbaggers" Tropic of Cancer" and "Candy"....Reading is fundamental!

I was in basic training in the Army at Fort Dix, New Jersey that Summer (1967). Tickets were available at the New York USO for Judy at the Palace. I remember Judy telling the audience how happy she was with her kids in New York. Judy at the Palace was more old fashioned vaudiville than Broadway.

Edited by WilliamM

• 1 year later...

In an interview available on YouTube, What's My Line panelist Bennett Cerf called Dorothy Kilgallon the one the audience disliked. Not true now given the successful run in YouTube.

Mr. Cerf also called Judy Garland a sad case. True, but Garland is remembered far longer than Bennett Cerf

Concerning "What's My Line" Judy Garland was so late , the show considered using moderstor John Daly as mystery guest and monderator.

Two thoughts:

1. The What's My Line moderator went on to be a professional golfer?!?!?

2. Had Judy been any later and they had to go with plan B, you could've said she really 'gummed' up the works! ;)??