Spas in Weho

RunnerGuy
This topic is 1563 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's a new year and I thought it might be good to gather all the disparate posts about Weho spas in one place.

Here's a rundown. Feel free to share within the rules of the board, or message privately.

West Hollywood Day Spa (formerly Meridian Day Spa)

Good: Reasonably priced

Bad: New ownership and a cautionary Yelp review led to a turnover in masseurs about six months ago. Several of the good ones left. Had a not good experience with a replacement (he was late, sweaty, talkative) and never went back after. Parking can be a challenge.

Sparadise

Good: Very reasonably priced, Thai (full body) massage, good massages, parking lot.

Bad: Rooms are not quiet. Walls are not floor to ceiling. My last session was next to a couple and they were talking and laughing, the guy even farted and dropped all his change on the floor. One of the handsier masseurs just left.

Gendamerie

Good: Very friendly staff, boutique-style, free booze, good massages, valet

Bad: Expensive, a bit run down for the price (i.e. the "locker room" is a claustrophobic space with open cubbies and one shower, though I have heard that multiple people may share it lol)

Burke Williams

Good: Friendly staff, facials and nail service, spa area with saunas/steam, attractive patrons, parking lot

Bad: Expensive, hit-or-miss massages, strictly professional, not always clean (towels can pile up in the locker room and steam room)

Prince Spa

Good: Inexpensive, surprisingly attractive Asian masseurs (at least during my visit), minimal draping, definitely LGBT friendly

Bad: No frills (but not dirty), street parking

Ole Henriksen

Haven't reviewed but it's very expensive. Have an gift certificate from work and will check it out.

Voda Spa

Haven't reviewed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to Ole Henriksen on my gift certificate.

It's in Sunset Plaza.

The facilities are pretty dated, the locker room and shower claustrophobic.

There is a large steam room, but I think it's co-ed? Maybe the entire facility is?

Then men's and women's locker rooms are on opposite ends of the same hall with the steam room at the end.

There were no female patrons but there always a cleaning lady vacuuming in the hall.

Odd layout and odd vibe. Would not repeat.