PayPal Blocks Rentmen

hypothetically
This topic is 1604 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks for the notice. Wish I read this before spending a while trying to figure it out.

Venmo and CashApp debit cards have never worked on Rentmen, likely due to it being non-US rather that it being nefarious.

Of course, Rentmen simply sent me a note saying my payment was rejected, not saying something useful like PayPal has blocked them. Typical of their customer service.

Kevin Slater

Of course, Rentmen simply sent me a note saying my payment was rejected, not saying something useful like PayPal has blocked them. Typical of their customer service.

Of course. I was on the phone for an hour and went a little something like:

Rentmen: your bank blocked it

PayPal: your merchant blocked it

Rentmen: no, your blank blocked it

PayPal: no, your merchant blocked it

..until PayPal decided they didn’t want to read a script anymore.

Yes, Venmo is a bit more anonymous. However, I think Venmo is owned by Paypal. So I wouldn't be surprised if Rentmen becomes blocked from that site/app at some point in the future.

I think we're conflating issues here. You've never been able to pay for a Rentmen ad via Venmo; the Venmo debit card doesn't work overseas. Until recently, the PayPal debit card would work, but they've just blocked Rentmen.

Kevin Slater