Rick pumps it

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5583 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From the thread (back in July) about Cheyenne Jackson's retro-shorts in Xanadu, where I remarked that mine were much shorter than his (but not as short as our own Mr. Manzo's), there was this exchange between "a nice guy" and me:

>I am trying to singlehandedly bring back a hot look from the 70's,

>as well as rebel against the ever-lengthening cargo shorts

>Rick, would love to see a pic in

>your

>short shorts...

>I have passed on your request to my official photographer

>(Derek), who promises to get right on it

Well, a couple of guys have emailed me, asking whatever happened to the pic. I had totally forgotten about it, but I just went through all the pics we took over the summer (which were still on the memory card in the camera) and found one in the shorts. This was the day Derek made me pump the gas (and later that day, I pumped his ass). For whoever's still interested, here you go. :p

http://members.aol.com/rickandderek/pump-web.jpg

(And yes, to answer the other question we've been asked lately, our new photo set will be coming very soon!)

Guest Wetnwildbear

Hey Rick I love the Shorts and the Chest.

It must be really tough for you and Derek to travel, drive, dine out,

go to new places and recognize friends. Going through life with only

the little head to guide you must make rush hour hell. Perhaps

a telethon would help to raise awareness of the terrible trauma of

a headless life.

Heres Looking at You Kid!

<raises glass and piano comes up in the background>

Hey Rick,

Nice shorts. And very interesting, shall we say eclectic, taste in shoes. And the socks. Well. More of the same. And if I had to wear them, I would cry tomorrow and in fact, every day. Not being bitchy, just had to find a way to work that in........

Now for the real reason I am posting and nothing whatsoever to do with this thread....

I just wanted to say thanks for posting about "Paul Lynde's Halloween Special".....I would never have known about it except for you. It arrived to today and it's as awful as you said it was and yet, I still laughed outloud at alot of it. Really, really bad and priceless.

Thanks Rick.

Okie

>Nice shorts. And very interesting, shall we say eclectic,

>taste in shoes. And the socks.

Thanks. The sneakers are this weird, wacky obscure brand called "Adidas"." :p This style is called "Superstar" and it's been in constant production since 1969. Here is a little history, if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas_Superstar

As for the socks, they come from American Apparel. I am really tired of the little girly ankle socks that every guy now wears, so in addition to shorter shorts, I'm helping to bring back taller socks. It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.

>I just wanted to say thanks for posting about "Paul Lynde's

>Halloween Special".....I would never have known about it

>except for you. It arrived to today and it's as awful as you

>said it was and yet, I still laughed outloud at alot of it.

>Really, really bad and priceless.

>

>Thanks Rick.

Anytime I can help spread the word about tasteless and tacky things, it is my pleasure. You're welcome (and I'll cry tomorrow).

Archived