"over 18 check"--HTML questions

Rod Hagen
This topic is 1616 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's about time for me to put one of those "accept decline" scripts into my HTML, rodhagen.com, because there's quite a few nudes.

Once I land on a javascript (there are tons online) I put it into the footer of each page, right?

And, the footer, I've never used one, is just a footer tag that goes outside the body tag, right?

Sorry, it's been a long time since I've written any HTML. Probably nearly 20 years.

THANKS!

I haven't done HTML in long enough I had to look up FOOTER. (It was new to HTML5, so I wouldn't use it for a required element of a page).

Back when, we'd put Javascript function definitions in HEADER and call the functions in BODY. (In this case, probably make the call early so the page hasn't rendered yet.)

But PLEASE don't take my advise! As I said, my HTML institutional memory pre-dates current HTML, and I prefer doing layout work in CSS anyway.

Thank you. I don't really care if it's CSS, or Java, or HTML or Klingon or what. I just want

1. some REALLY simple code I can copy and paste and easily modify that says something along the lines of, "if you are over 18, click here to continue" whenever someone visits my home page, rodhagen.com, but not necessarily the sub pages like rodhagen.com/reviews.html or rodhagen.com/fb.html

2. And instructions on where in the source to insert that code.

One of the things true about the internet since it started was the best source of information about the internet came from the internet.

BUT .... I have always been of the opinion that any code examples that lack implementation instructions are basically useless. That said, there can be common assumptions that are uncommon to YOU (or ME) because you have not encountered them before.

These days, a script example in simple HTML would be pretty outdated. So much of the internet these days is either "active content" (can you see my eyes roll?) or scripted. But if you've got a link to something you'd like to use, someone may be willing to look at it and offer pointers.