TOP CHEF

edjames
This topic is 5592 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Don't know how many of you out there are fans of this show but I enjoyed this season.

Chef Hung (yep! That's his name) won the title. Interestingly enough when asked earlier on in the series about his preference to date men or women, he replied "Both." He was a cute Vietnamese guy but a little too hyper for me.

Poor "gay" Dale! He made it right through to the very end and was neck-in-neck with Hung however his lobster dish didn't win over the judges and he came in second. Still, according to the show he rediscovered his passion and love of cooking after a messy breakup with his boyfreind and the closing of his restaurant. I'm sure he'll do well and have a future in the restaurant business.

It'll be interesting to watch next week's recap of the show with this season's contestants.

ED

Guest zipperzone

>Still, according to

>the show he rediscovered his passion and love of cooking after

>a messy breakup with his boyfreind and the closing of his

>restaurant. I'm sure he'll do well and have a future in the

>restaurant business.

I think the hardest business to be successful in would be opening and operating your own restaurant. The failure rate is astronomical.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I really wished you hadn't put the winner in the first line. I was literally going to watch the rerun in about an hour.

Hung was my least favorite all season. Totally obnoxious. Like they said all season, his technical skills were there but he was just kind of an asshole the whole time.

Of course I was rooting for Dale but also had a soft spot for Sara too. C'est la vie.

Mystery is gone ... thanks. LOL j/k no biggie. I managed to go months without Harry Potter being ruined but I couldn't go 24 hours without getting Top Chef ruined.

Welcome to the club. I was going to watch it this evening.

No rush now. :-(

At least this spoiler was posted the *day* after rather than some east-coaster posting a result 2 hours before the show even starts on the west coast. :9

Sorry guys! Mea culpa!

I thought it was "safe" to post in these days of message boards, blogs and all the other internet entertainment news sites which seem to post reality show results faster than you can change a channel!

Still, were you really surprised? Hung, despite his ego, has been one of the more successful contestants whereas poor Dale seemed to start out slow and seemed poised to "pack his knives and go" on more than one occasion I would have liked for Casey to win. She seemed to fall apart in the final cook-off. Pork belly? Yuck!

ED

>Still, were you really surprised? Hung, despite his ego, has

>been one of the more successful contestants whereas poor Dale

>seemed to start out slow and seemed poised to "pack his knives

>and go" on more than one occasion I would have liked for

>Casey to win. She seemed to fall apart in the final cook-off.

> Pork belly? Yuck!

LOL STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED IT! Take a cue from my most recent blog and ANNOUNCE spoilers which is usually done in this day of message boards and blogs ;) Again, not the end of the world though and for her pork doesn't shock me.

The point I was making was that if you look at your post, you mention Hung so early in the post that no matter whether or not you want to read the post you're told in the preview that Hung won :(

Anyway, yes, I am somewhat surprised based on the second to last episode. Again, Hung had great technical skills and a classic repertoire (as we recall from his endless canape recital episode, but the judges all agreed that nothing had his "signature" on it. It was all just great food. Casey always had stuff that seemed uniquely hers and Dale had that awesome showing in the second to last episode.

Discovered a GREAT new restaurant in L.A. last night (ironically enough DURING the finale) that really made me feel like I was having Padma moments. We sat there judging the amuse till the dessert. Our chef loved his table side presence but was so loud we were like, "If he weren't the chef this would not fly."

Was gonna mention it in the next blog but with me who knows when that will be. Next time you make it to LA hit up Melrose for a little shopping trip finishing with dinner at "the foundry"

http://www.thefoundryonmelrose.com/

I'm glad that I did not read this forum or be at this website on Wednesday past. At 10pm (PDST) I watched this finale with gusto. As for the winner, it really did not matter to me that much who would be victorious be because all three of the finalists are considered to be superb chefs;thus Hung's winning didn't upset me too much at all (irrespective of his personality).

I finally watched the show this evening.

I think, based on the meals delivered by the chef contestants, the judges made the right choice.

If they'd been taking track records into account, the result may have been different. But based on the dishes that were served, I'd say Hung aced it.

(Loved Dales "prep bitch" comment! LOL And Rocco di Spirito was looking downright do-able!)

Scott, I've wanted to try Foundry. Thanks for the mini-review!

>LOL And Rocco di Spirito

>was looking downright do-able!

When does he NOT?!?!? DAMN. When's his naked chef calendar coming out. Does he never eat his food?

>Scott, I've wanted to try Foundry. Thanks for the

>mini-review!

Well enjoy! Make sure someone gets the dish accompanied by the lemon risotto, worth a try.

Only real criticism I had which my date and I heard mirrored around us was that the kitchen does not understand how to serve espresso. Our shots were kinda stale and seemed to have been sitting waiting for a bit.

Archived