Asking vs Describing

MrMattBig
This topic is 1651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that feeling saying referential jokes is always a hit or miss especially if your the only one that gets your references and then have to explain it after laughing at your own corny joke is such a pain. Probably should of went with a Lady Gaga Telephone reference at first I was thinking you could of went with 876-5309 but I doubt they would get it.

Hmm... could probably went with Ring Ding Dong by Shinee aka Gaynee. They are not on BTS level but there may be some Kpop fans in your class or at least have heard of them compared to Joplin.

That's an older (and frankly embarrassing) SHINee song, though.

Have never heard them referred to as Gaynee but there's a

widespread assumption that Key is gay and that Jjong (RIP) might have been bi.

Fun fact: SHINee is the only kpop group to have been mentioned by a US president (Obama, suggesting one of his daughters might be a fan, although it was at a conference in South Korea after his presidency ended).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1008877wpp/shinee-talks-mentioned-barack-obamas-speech

That's an older (and frankly embarrassing) SHINee song, though.

Have never heard them referred to as Gaynee but there's a

widespread assumption that Key is gay and that Jjong (RIP) might have been bi.

Fun fact: SHINee is the only kpop group to have been mentioned by a US president (Obama, suggesting one of his daughters might be a fan, although it was at a conference in South Korea after his presidency ended).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1008877wpp/shinee-talks-mentioned-barack-obamas-speech

Depression man smh so sad.

I wanted to go with Kim Young-Chul & Hong Jin-young Ring Ring but doubted they would know current Trot stars.

I could of went with 2ne1 I'm The Best because they did that Samsung CF that showed here but didn't feel right because there was no real phone ringing connection