I am Home

Vincent_Michael
This topic is 6058 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is Vincent Michael, I wanted to thank everyonr who wrote or called me while I was in the Hospital. I dont know why my roomie asked about sueing them but I wasent here to question it either.

I am back home after suffering froma MSRI Staff and the Doctors taking out a peice of flesh the size of a hocky puck out of my leg. I will be totaly better but It will take six weeks for a full recovery. Again thanks to all!

MSRI is very serious and nothing to be ignored. Thanks goodness you're getting it taken of.

For those that don't know MSRI is a staph infection that is resistant to most meds. It used to be that it was only seen in hospital settings. Unfortunately, in the past 12-24 months it has become an epidemic outside hospital settings.

It is also known as community-acquired MSRI. If treatment is delayed or it is misdiagnosed, death can occur very quickly.

I recently read about a healthy high school football player that came down with it and almost died. The player did recover but it took several months of rehab. They never did figure out how he was exposed to it.

According to one website:

Community-acquired methicillin-resistant s. aureus, or CA-MRSA, is emerging in daycares, schools and cruise ships. Nearly 500 cases have spread across Alberta and outbreaks have occurred in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.

The infection - a rapidly dividing organism that lives on skin or in noses and secretes enzymes that break down tissue - can enter the body through a nick with gardening shears or a burst pimple...

What is community-acquired MRSA (CA-MRSA):

A type of MRSA infection contracted by someone who hasn't recently been in a hospital, clinic or other health-care setting. Infections have been reported in toddlers in daycare to high school, college and professional-level athletes.

What are the symptoms?

Usually a skin infection such as a boil or abscess. It can start with a pimple or cyst and can be mistaken for a spider bite. The infected area will be red, swollen, warm and sometimes painful, and there may be pus or other drainage. Symptoms of a more serious infection include rash, shortness of breath, fever, chills, chest pain, fatigue, malaise (generally feeling unwell) and headache.

http://seniors.informe.com/superbugs-important-for-us-all-to-know-dt520.html

Archived