Uber or Lyft question

LIguy
This topic is 1693 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I live on Long Island about a 40 minute ride on the LIRR, However as I'm trying to recover from treatment for an illness I cannot take public transportation and want to use Uber or Lyft to attend the Adonis birthday event. I'm thinking coming in using Uber of Lyft but my biggest fear is there not being a driver available to take me home. I am also thinking of getting a hotel and staying over but again I worry about getting a return car Sunday morning.

Any ways my question is have any of you ever experienced difficulty in getting an Uber on a very late Saturday evening or Sunday very early AM hours to go to a suburb?

I live on Long Island about a 40 minute ride on the LIRR, However as I'm trying to recover from treatment for an illness I cannot take public transportation and want to use Uber or Lyft to attend the Adonis birthday event. I'm thinking coming in using Uber of Lyft but my biggest fear is there not being a driver available to take me home. I am also thinking of getting a hotel and staying over but again I worry about getting a return car Sunday morning.

Any ways my question is have any of you ever experienced difficulty in getting an Uber on a very late Saturday evening or Sunday very early AM hours to go to a suburb?

I have not had any problems in New York and I have been all over the State, not just the highly populated areas. I always have a backup plan - have the number of a local cab company on hand; if you call the dispatcher they will be happy to send somebody over. Enjoy the event! ?