Here's something to think about

BgMstr4u
This topic is 5612 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I noticed it and excercised it just for yucks just to

see what it was like. A friend tried for the street

where he lives and was able to determine within a week

of when the photo must have been taken due to some

construction that was going on, and the configuration of

scafolding, trench digger, etc.

I don't think it would be generally more helpful to me

in locating a business than just being armed with the street

address and a rough indication (as done by the regular maps)

of where within the block the destination is.

I agree there are interesting privacy considerations!

Guest zipperzone

>I agree there are interesting privacy considerations!

I don't see how this violates current privacy laws. It is my understanding that one can walk down any street and take a picture of any building, so long as you do not have to stand on private property to do so. The resulting picture can then be shown on the web and I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I could be wrong, but that's the way I understand it.

These posts are helpful.

It appears that Google has people cruising around neighborhoods with cameras that pick up a virtual 360 degree sweep. I zeroed in on a number of addresses in different places, and the variance in coverage is interesting. All of Manhattan but just major boulevards in suburban LA and OC, for instance. Looking at my present address in Manhattan, it looks like it was done about 3-4 months ago. It would be interesting to see how frequently they update these things.

It does occur to me to wonder whether Google will start enlisting troops on the ground for this -- accepting volunteer material.

Speaking of things to think about...

Man wakes up during his own autopsy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 4:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARACAS, Venezuela - A 33-year-old man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy.

Carlos Camejo was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly stitched up the incision on his face.

"I woke up because the pain was unbearable," Camejo told the newspaper El Universal.

His grieving wife turned up at the morgue to identify her husband's body only to find him moved into a corridor - and alive

Archived