For those of you who can't be without your wine

This topic is 1702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have you heard of the bags disguised as wine carriers? I think one would have to be pretty addicted....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortoVino-Wine-Messenger-Bag-Compartment/dp/B077VB71CJ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Yes, I have one - a tote - and love it! Take it to the beach all the time. The aim is not to get drunk, mind you, just have a bit of wine while enjoying the sun and surf. I always carry some grape juice in the tote, in case somebody gets suspicious. :p

Yes, I have one - a tote - and love it! Take it to the beach all the time. The aim is not to get drunk, mind you, just have a bit of wine while enjoying the sun and surf. I always carry some grape juice in the tote, in case somebody gets suspicious. :p

Doesn't it affect the flavor of the wine?

Doesn't it affect the flavor of the wine?

Exposing the wine to oxygen, shaking the oxygenated wine to vigorous shaking EFFECTS the wine, NEGATIVELY.

I don’t drink wine that hasn’t been properly cellared for at least 2 weeks, then properly decanted, and served in the proper Riedel glass, but I’m a wino connoisseur, not an alcoholic.

What’s the difference between a wino and a wine connoisseur?

a) Economics

b) The Paper Sack, one drinks it out of the sacked bottle the other admires the label while sipping.

c) The vessel, one requires no more than the bottle itself while the other needs a $45 crystal glass

d) The Volume consumed -there is no difference

e) all of the above

How long till someone takes it to the airport and TSA finds it?

The "Binocktails" name reminds me that I have a set of fake binoculars somewhere that is really two separate flasks.

I remember the plastic wrappers to go around cans to disguise that it's beer. It usually was some sort of modification of a pop name - "7-Op", "Caco-Cola", etc. I stopped being able to find them sometime in the late 80's.