"This connection is not private" message

MrMattBig
This topic is 1690 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A potential client sent me a screenshot last week showing that this was the message they got when they tried to view my personal website.

They clicked on the link I sent them through Whatsapp on their iphone.

Anyone know what would cause this error and message?

A potential client sent me a screenshot last week showing that this was the message they got when they tried to view my personal website.

They clicked on the link I sent them through Whatsapp on their iphone.

Anyone know what would cause this error and message?

I get that in Chrome all the time - basically means the website does not have an SSL certificate, so traffic to and from the site is not encrypted. It fixed itself when I updated my browser to the most recent version.

I get that in Chrome all the time - basically means the website does not have an SSL certificate, so traffic to and from the site is not encrypted. It fixed itself when I updated my browser to the most recent version.

So it was because the potential clients browser was outdated then?

This can also happen if the SSL cert is self signed. However your site is configured correctly right now, it won't even serve unencrypted traffic. so it was probably a transient network issue. But if it still happens for them now, it's probably them.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.mattanthonyxxx.com&hideResults=on

This can also happen if the SSL cert is self signed. However your site is configured correctly right now, it won't even serve unencrypted traffic. so it was probably a transient network issue. But if it still happens for them now, it's probably them.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.mattanthonyxxx.com&hideResults=on

I thought it could be some type of network issue. I just wanted to stay on top of it and see if it was anything on my end since I made improvements to the site today and don't want anyone to have viewing issues. Thanks!