Sorting "new posts"

newatthis
This topic is 1683 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just read each forum individually. The posts will appear latest first.

Kevin Slater

Not sure what you meant. I tried clicking "new posts" and then going to the individual forums, but that gave me all posts in that forum, not just the ones I hadn't yet read, which is what I want.

Not sure what you meant. I tried clicking "new posts" and then going to the individual forums, but that gave me all posts in that forum, not just the ones I hadn't yet read, which is what I want.

If you go to the main screen, it shows each forum that has unread items in bold. When you click on those forums one at at time, it takes you to the earliest item that you haven't read. That's what he was saying. Of at least that's what I think he meant. Anyway, if you want to use the 'New Posts' option, as I sometimes do, you have the option of going to the last item and working forward. I think that's the only option for reading from oldest to newest. However it will only show 10 pages, if there are more unread threads than that, they fall off the end.

If you go to the main screen, it shows each forum that has unread items in bold. When you click on those forums one at at time, it takes you to the earliest item that you haven't read. That's what he was saying. Of at least that's what I think he meant. Anyway, if you want to use the 'New Posts' option, as I sometimes do, you have the option of going to the last item and working forward. I think that's the only option for reading from oldest to newest. However it will only show 10 pages, if there are more unread threads than that, they fall off the end.

Thanks, mike. I use the "new posts" option (and mark everything read before each log out) because reading down each forum from the earliest unread item still leaves me to figure out how far to go to be sure I haven't missed anything new. I asked about sorting the new posts list by forum because, when I'm in a hurry, I'd like to skip all the "Gallery" posts and leave them for later.

I have noticed the 10 page limit on the new posts list. I had always hoped -- with no evidence -- that when there were many unread threads the page length expanded to accommodate them.

I have noticed the 10 page limit on the new posts list. I had always hoped -- with no evidence -- that when there were many unread threads the page length expanded to accommodate them.

It doesn't expand but the system doesn't forget them. If you read a page of unread threads, it will move the next page up to replace them (only if you hit 'New Posts' again, if you refresh the screen it will show the same ones but marked 'Read').

It doesn't expand but the system doesn't forget them. If you read a page of unread threads, it will move the next page up to replace them (only if you hit 'New Posts' again, if you refresh the screen it will show the same ones but marked 'Read').

Thanks again! I always hit "new posts" again before I log out, so I guess I've not been missing anything.