Anyone ever been to LA City Spa? Russian banya?

newportbeachdude77
This topic is 1704 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I used to go on occasion, haven't been for a couple or three years now, but I'd be surprised if it's changed. There is only one spa area and one locker room, so there are male, female and co-ed hours - bathing suits required during co-ed. The downstairs spa area has showers, an indoor pool, whirlpool (not super hot), sauna, steam and the Russian-style banya (super hot). Upstairs there is a gym, sundeck, massage rooms. Older facilities, not maintained particularly well. Most patrons seem to be from eastern Europe - a lot of times there are very loud conversations in languages other than English. Sometimes a little cruisy, but most times not. I believe this is the place where John Travolta allegedly put the moves on one (or more) of the male masseurs and that later resulted in some publicity, a lawsuit, etc. I have seen a couple of Hollywood faces here (Andy Dick, John Amos) so maybe that's why the NDA (which I don't recall having to sign, but maybe it's a recent add, or I forgot - uh oh, disregard what I said about Hollywood faces). Personally I prefer the K-spas, but your mileage may vary.

Edited to add: Just looked at their site - $50 bucks to get in? Not worth it in my opinion unless they have radically upgraded the facilities. Also, it looks like they might have dropped the female only hours, but you might call to be sure if you are thinking of going.

Edited by db66