Checking Browser on RentMen

MRJJ
This topic is 1737 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is anyone else getting a message from RM indicating that they are checking your browser before connecting you RM.eu?

If so, does anyone know why this is happening?

A number of websites use this as a way of protecting themselves from being flooded by bot requests as a form of attack. The website sets a small proogramme running to check you are visiting from a specific browser.

A number of websites use this as a way of protecting themselves from being flooded by bot requests as a form of attack. The website sets a small proogramme running to check you are visiting from a specific browser.

Got it. Thanks for the message.

First time I've seen that message is just now. It may be legit, but still seems a bit creepy and suspicious.

As I understand it, many websites do this anyway without showing the message. It might be worth checking with the site-owner that this is intentional?

It has kept me from reading reviews thru hide.me. anyone else?

I think the message itself is there to explain the delay in connecting. The bigger sites perhaps run more sophisticated programmes and there is little appreciable delay. There are two things that occur to me here. If the browser checking only applies to the RM eu site. it could be that the programme doesn't pass hide.me as the notified browser version. In which case there is little you can do until RM alters the programme. Alternatively, if you think hide.me allows you to access the rest of the site, just not the reviews, you need to ensure that you are viewing those pages through hide.me and not your own browser. I read somewhere that hide.me were themselves introducing changes. I don't use it myself so I didn't pay attention but it may be worthwhile to re-install it as it might have ceased to work properly without telling you. I apologise for the lack of the correct computer jargon but I am no expert.