SEEKING MONTREAL HOTEL RECOMMENDATIONS

samwhygy
This topic is 6132 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

planning my first trip to montreal in late september. would like to be close to the strip clubs. can anyone recommend a place other than the gouverneur? just need it to be safe, clean, and within walking distance to the strip clubs. thanks for your assistance

>planning my first trip to montreal in late september. would

>like to be close to the strip clubs. can anyone recommend a

>place other than the gouverneur? just need it to be safe,

>clean, and within walking distance to the strip clubs. thanks

>for your assistance

There are also several Gay B&Bs (Bed&Breakfasts) in the village which are a good alternative to the Gouverneur. Its been awhile since I was last in Montreal but there were/are a variety of price ranges from luxury to very inexpensive ones (but the CAN $ was a lot better exchange wise than it is now ;))

Good Luck!

There's a good summary of hotel options in the [a href=http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112022&mesg_id=112022]wonderful Montreal guide[/a] posted a while back by Karl-G. In that same thread, there are [a href=http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=112022&mesg_id=112040]some remarks about B&Bs[/a] by a local.

Briefly, there are 2 main camps on this issue: those who like to get a bargain deal on priceline and stay a 5-10 minutes' metro ride from the Village in a 3* or 4* hotel downtown, and those who prefer to stay in the Village itself, 5-10 minutes' walk from the strip clubs. The latter stay at the Gouverneur if they want comfort, and in a B&B or lower quality hotel if they want to save money for the boys.

You'll have a great time wherever you end up. Be sure and report back when you return.

The Lord Berri Hotel is around the corner from the Gouverneur and less expensive. The rooms are fine and there is no problem with 'company' arriving before 11pm.

There are often school groups there and the price does not include breakfast. They do have a restauant off the lobby.

Dick

>The Lord Berri Hotel is around the corner from the Gouverneur

>and less expensive. The rooms are fine and there is no

>problem with 'company' arriving before 11pm.

>

>There are often school groups there and the price does not

>include breakfast. They do have a restauant off the lobby.

>

>Dick

I've stayed at the Lord Berri and its an over priced dump when compared to other places in the village. On their web site it looks nice but its really not. It would be at most just OK (if you have low standards) if the price per night was just half of what they ask! For what I paid I could have stayed at the Gouverneur for just a little more. The "Gov" while also over priced at least its a better place to stay. Again there are some really nice B&Bs, some even Luxury and expensive places you can look into, or some cheap but nice ones depending on your buget. I've been very happy with some of them.

I do think though that the best option is to stay down town at a 4 star hotel which is a quick train ride to the village, and late when they stop running its just a quick and inexpensive cab ride ;)

Best of luck!

>I highly recommend visiting biddingfortravel.com then placing

>a bid through priceline.com for a 4-star hotel in downtown

>montreal.

>

>All 4-star hotels are a simple 5-minute metro ride to the

>clubs.

>

IMHO twinkboylover28 is right on the money...

For the last few years I have almost exclusively used hotwire and priceline for my visits to Montreal. You can get a room at a top 10 hotel for half the price of the Gouverneur. I like this alternative because it lets you get out of the village and get a little more of the flavor of an amazing city and most of the 4 star hotels actually have staff that have heard of customer service.

I usually have great luck with hotwire.com for Montreal... I often get a room at the Hyatt (which is actually walking distance from Campus & Stock if the weather is nice) for somewhere around US$75/night.

Archived