Anybody familiar with menchats.com?

mark
This topic is 6134 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here comes a (probably) stupid question from a computer-challenged guy who stumbled across http://www.menchats.com recently. It's a chat room that's fairly well-attended and obviously well-run. It has quite a few 'rooms', but only one is generally populated...and allows for "private chats" for one-on-one.

My lack of knowledge about IT stuff may be to blame, but there are no pop-ups (seemingly), no ads, and I don't find any glaring attempts to get the participants to buy/subscribe/etc to anything.

Who pays to run a deal like this? Is it some kind of LE "set up" to trap guys into luring kids to meet 'em? When I've participated, I always include my age and specify I'll chat with anybody 21yo or older...and if the profile of the guy I'm chatting with doesn't state an age over 21, I ask...if the wrong answer's given, I click OUT quick.

This deal is too good, too erotic, too fascinating to be completely 100% legal....Is there anything unlawful about sexy (and downright nasty) chat with other guys who state to you they're over 21yo?

Enlighten me, please....and forgive my lack of understanding of this kind of deal. And tell me if you think I'm risking anything (legal-wise) if I participate in this deal...Thanks.

> Who pays to run a deal like this?

According to their FAQ, it's owned by the same people that own/run pridesites.com. Presumably, they pay the bills.

Their domain registration is public, and shows an owner in Clovis, Ca.

> Is it some kind of LE "set up" to trap guys into luring kids to meet 'em?

To be honest, yes it COULD be. It isn't likely. They've been around since 2003 and we haven't heard any rumblings about them. That said, there's nothing preventing LE from using the site just as freely as you do.

>Is there anything unlawful about sexy (and downright nasty)

>chat with other guys who state to you they're over 21yo?

Anal sex is still illegal in 18 (?) states in the US. Who can say what's illegal in your locality? In West Hollywood, CA, it's illegal to have your cat declawed. There are local laws against doing all kinds of stuff.

Nobody can answer this one for you. Investigate your risks, and proceed according to your comfort level.

Archived