Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Chuckball
This topic is 1746 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is this a bromance film? The pairing of DiCaprio and Pitt not only brings two good looking dudes together but leaves us wondering if something more is implied. There was a line in the movie to the effect that the relationship was more than buddies but not a spouse. Anyone have any thoughts on the subtlety being conveyed or is it just my imagination?

I suspect the line was something like "someone who's more than a brother but less than a wife" which comes when the DiCaprio character is "breaking up" with the Pitt character.

I didn't read there being anything "extra" necessarily, but did see the film as being -- in part -- about the bond between two (emphatically straight) guys who are soulmates...

I saw it the other day, and didn't much care for it. However, a friend of mine who is 60 (I'm 81) absolutely LOVED it, because of the music and the recreation of the atmosphere of southern California (I live in NY) in the 60s and 70s.

The appeal of this movie definitely appears to depend on one's background. I'll be interested to hear the opinions of others.

I saw it the other day, and didn't much care for it. However, a friend of mine who is 60 (I'm 81) absolutely LOVED it, because of the music and the recreation of the atmosphere of southern California (I live in NY) in the 60s and 70s.

The appeal of this movie definitely appears to depend on one's background. I'll be interested to hear the opinions of others.

I was in LA for the first time when the Manson murders happened fifty years ago. Thanks for your insights. I will probably like the film.