Summer Blockbuster Film

edjames
This topic is 6192 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This weekend's film is "Live Free and Die Hard," the latest in the Die Hard movie series starring Bruce Willis.

The audience I saw this with went wild for this action/thriller. People were applauding and cheering the heroes on in many scenes. I had a great time watching this film but if you're not a fan of blood and guts, this isn't the film for you. The production team must have spent megabucks on this one. There were probably at least 100 cars totally and crashed in some scenes and even a fighter jet gets demolished in one thrill-a-second chase scene. Bruce is beginning to show signs of his age, but still makes a great character as John McClane, however, I thought Timothy Olyphant made a great, if not very handsome, villain!

Last weekend I saw a quirky black comedy called "You Kill Me" starring Ben Kingsley and Tea Leoni. Fun movie with one of the strangest story lines I have seen in a long time. Kingsley plays an alcoholic, Polish hit man from Buffalo who is sent to San Francisco to dry out, where he goes to AA, meets Tea and gets a job in a funeral home. Good acting and a very amusing, if not, bizarre inde film.

Happy 4th everyone!

ED

I thought Olyphant was quite a handsome villian. I enjoyed the movie as a cartoon, but it did get tedious as they tried to work so many fireworks in to it. Willis seemed to be trying to prove that he could keep up with a younger man, but Demi apparently didn't think so!

Archived