Aziz Ansari: Here and Now

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1773 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A while back I watched. Aziz Ansari: Live at Madison Square Garden and loved it. At the end of the show he did something that perhaps no one else would ever do which said a lot to me about a side of the man to admire, even though it may have seemed cornball to some.

Then later came the #MeToo claim. I had a hard time believing this was a guy capable of really bad behavior. I decided not to get spun up by it, and just hoped for a just resolution.

I watched his latest last night Aziz Ansari: Here and Now directed by Spike Jonze. He starts with some housekeeping about the aforementioned challenge and goes on to cover lots of current topics. Loved it. Lot of funny sh!t. Not surprised.

StFelix-Ansari.jpg

Edited by E.T.Bass

I enjoyed it, but he whispered in hushed tones thru much of the set. I turned on closed-caption because I had the volume turned way up and could not make out a lot of what he was saying.

Was it for effect? Peggy Lee playbook? I can't imagine being in the audience and hearing him.

I enjoyed it, but he whispered in hushed tones thru much of the set. I turned on closed-caption because I had the volume turned way up and could not make out a lot of what he was saying.

Was it for effect? Peggy Lee playbook? I can't imagine being in the audience and hearing him.

Made me wonder too why the low tones...