Advice

BeefyDude
This topic is 1793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I booked with someone recently.

I had an amazing time. He was great. The massage was great. His body was great. We hit it off very very well !!!!

I rarely book 90 mins, but in this case I did.

While we had no set time (he was open and at the time didn't have an appt till later that eve), I said I would show up as soon as I could. Traffic/directions had me running a few mins late. When I got there we talked a few mins. I would say we started close to 6pm. I booked 90 mins. Right before we started or during he mentioned he now had a 730. He said no problem about fitting my 90 mins in.

While on my back the massage was great. Pressure just how I like it, hit the areas I asked etc. Like I said massage part was great

Turned over and got some chest work then well you know... (no legs or arms)

As I was putting my watch on I noticed it was only 7pm!!! Like a fool I gave him the 90 fee and a minimal tip. I panicked and didn't know how to react.

Here is my advice questions:

1) Should I write a review

2) If I write a review should I fill out these questions accurately:

a) time booked

b) actual time

If I do it will be obvious it was me and I don't want to make waves. Obverall I was happy with massage and I def will book with him again next time he is here. I just wont go for 90 min session. Just don't want to make waves.

Make sense?

p.s. please don't PM me about who it was. Based on what I shared I'm not comfortable with it.

I recently traded PMs with another member who was dealing with the same situation. Rather than writing a review, he contacted the masseur with some thing to the effect of “Enjoyed our session last night a lot. Rather short, wasn't it? (60 minutes). Can I be assured that next time it will be the full 90 minutes?”

He reported back a “happy ending”. :p

Guest Lonlyboy

Is he a regular or a traveler in your area? If you plan to see him again I would reach out and do what Evdude said. Just say hay next time will it be a full 90 min.

Many massuer seem to think that once the he is done so are they.

Maybe if it does end early next time ask to just chat and talk and see how it goes. Or see if you can shower together.

I’ve definitely been in that same situation where things are going so well and enjoyably, I lose track of time.

However it’s not my responsibility to keep track of time and ensure that I’m getting the amount of time I’m paying for, it’s the provider’s. Being shorted on time is one of my biggest pet peeves. It turns a great experience into one of feeling ripped off and taken advantage of.

If you really want to give him another shot, I agree with Evdude: let him know and give him a chance to make the situation right.

i would tend to agree. we were nebulous in that (he said show up when you get here). We talked a few mins too. I undressed. he undressed..

Having said that, MAYBE I got 75 mins. No way I got 90. I'm really thinking I got between 60-75 at the most. I want to say I got there approx 545 and was dressing at 7pm (again some talk time etc)

I could be an outlier here but I no longer write reviews on masseurfinder and rentmasseur. I simply tell any masseur who wants me to write a review that they pissed me off and I deleted my accounts, which is true. Plus I truly believe these are pointless at this point anyway.

This site, on the other hand, is a different story, and I’ll put in a good word for any masseur who deserves it. Those who shortchange you on time are automatically disqualified, sorry. Theft of time makes any “great vibe” phony in retrospect so that cancels it in my book. And I am not going to go back and remind an adult charging what is typically a very nice hourly rate that theft and disrespect of the client is not ok.

PS. Nobody handles any time left over at the end of the appointment better than my boy Jake, a true professional and a very sweet, articulate dude. He never rushes to get dressed & run, typically suggesting a nice neck massage instead. Or shower. My other favorites somehow always manage to hit the right time or even give a little extra, which is a good business practice as they get referrals, recommendations here, and nice tips. I am so over take-the-money-and-run guys no matter how hot they are. My favorites are as hot as any but they are also decent guys above all so why lower the bar?

Guest fm0322
I had an amazing time. He was great. The massage was great. His body was great. We hit it off very very well !!!!

The responses so far have been great, so there is little reason for me to add, other than being in the mood to do it.

I quoted the key part of @BeefyDude's post. If you like the masseur, had a great time, and left satisfied, why care about the clock? I have had amazing sessions that were not as long as the time I booked. For me, there is a time during a massage when I feel like I'm finished and I'll say, "this is great, let's stop here." For me, it's about the massage and not the time. If the massage is in a spa, it is fine to end 10 minutes early so I can get dressed, pay, and leave. If I feel short-changed, it was probably not a good experience.

So I booked with someone recently.

I rarely book 90 mins, but in this case I did.

While we had no set time (he was open and at the time didn't have an appt till later that eve), I said I would show up as soon as I could. Traffic/directions had me running a few mins late. When I got there we talked a few mins. I would say we started close to 6pm. I booked 90 mins. Right before we started or during he mentioned he now had a 730. He said no problem about fitting my 90 mins in.

While on my back the massage was great. Pressure just how I like it, hit the areas I asked etc. Like I said massage part was great

Turned over and got some chest work then well you know... (no legs or arms)

As I was putting my watch on I noticed it was only 7pm!!! Like a fool I gave him the 90 fee and a minimal tip. I panicked and didn't know how to react.

Here is my advice questions:

1) Should I write a review

2) If I write a review should I fill out these questions accurately:

a) time booked

b) actual time

If I do it will be obvious it was me and I don't want to make waves. Obverall I was happy with massage and I def will book with him again next time he is here. I just wont go for 90 min session. Just don't want to make waves.

Make sense?

p.s. please don't PM me about who it was. Based on what I shared I'm not comfortable with it.

If you didn't feel rushed, I wouldn't write a review in your shoes. This exact situation is why I try my hardest to maintain a 2 hour rule in between end time of one appointment and beginning of the next. It just seems to me like it was bad scheduling on his part. I think reviews should be for really good or really bad experiences. Shorted time but will see him again, I would hold off reviewing till after the next session, and review on the shorted time happening twice if it happens again, or review on how he knocked your socks off!

I would say we started close to 6pm. I booked 90 mins. Right before we started or during he mentioned he now had a 730. He said no problem about fitting my 90 mins in.

How was he going to fit the 90 minutes in if you started at 6 and he had another appt. at 7:30? You just finishing as the other client was knocking on the door?

It is one thing if the client gets up and wants to leave. It’s a different story otherwise. A great masseur/professional can always suggest things like neck massage, grooming, showering together (if the massage was erotic or sensual), or take that time to gently wipe the lotion off of you, with some soothing additional sensual moves.

The least he can do is acknowledge that the time is not up yet and attempt to engage in some polite conversation about nutrition, exercising or whatever. Getting rid of you well ahead of the supposed end of the appointment exposes any friendly attitude or great vibe as phony and is a major turnoff for me. This is why I carefully check recommendations on this site when it comes to straight or “aspiring model” masseurs, as this wham-bam attitude tends to be an issue.

I always start the clock when my client gets on the table. I don't include talk or shower time.

Good on you!

I recall that at Green House Men’s Spa in NYC, at one time there was a sign that said time begins when you walk in the door! Always presumed that to be the case for most masseurs.

The responses so far have been great, so there is little reason for me to add, other than being in the mood to do it.

I quoted the key part of @BeefyDude's post. If you like the masseur, had a great time, and left satisfied, why care about the clock? I have had amazing sessions that were not as long as the time I booked. For me, there is a time during a massage when I feel like I'm finished and I'll say, "this is great, let's stop here." For me, it's about the massage and not the time. If the massage is in a spa, it is fine to end 10 minutes early so I can get dressed, pay, and leave. If I feel short-changed, it was probably not a good experience.

Good point. The issue is I paid more for that extra time. I went with 90 for a reason. I didn't get what I paid for.

Some great advice given here - which is what I was asking for. So thanks to all