Barbra Streisand at Hyde Park

WilliamM
This topic is 1754 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There are four of five video up on the Streisand concert outdoors in Hyde Park.

She is 77-years old, so takes a minute to get used to the sunglasses and long blonde hair.

Her voice still has most of the best qualities, but naturally, she is not young anymore. Too much talking with the audience, and duets with other singers.

Still, I am very glad I watched.66133105_2469505683326516_2717584893310843629_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com

Edited by WilliamM

I had a few friends who went and shared their video.

I admit, I've never been one of her adoring fans. Her films are fine. The voice, in her prime, was thrilling. Years of living in a bubble have made her a caricature... A bit like Cher, but without the no-bullshit self-awareness. Her voice is now an airy head/chest mix, never really going into that powerful original belt. There's more shtick in her act than there's ever been. I did find some of her stories entertaining.

Bottom line: She has an audience who wants to see her. I respect that.

For me personally, I want to see singers who still really have it: Who get up there, deliver and absolutely stun you with their vocal.

For me personally, I want to see singers who still really have it: Who get up there, deliver and absolutely stun you with their vocal.

Yes! A few weeks ago I had the great experience of seeing Dana Winner in concert - I know she isn’t known in the USA, but she knocked my socks off! The kind of thing you rarely see and always remember... ?

Yes! A few weeks ago I had the great experience of seeing Dana Winner in concert - I know she isn’t known in the USA, but she knocked my socks off! The kind of thing you rarely see and always remember... ?

Wow. She's still got it. Nice pipes.

While she's getting much older now, I'd put Shirley Bassey in that same category: In her late 70's, she took centerstage at the Oscars and basically schooled every younger singer on how to still have that mic-drop moment.

She came.

She saw.

She belted.

[MEDIA=vimeo]60612783[/MEDIA]

Nice excuse...but the truth is she can’t see the teleprompter without them.

You’re kidding yourself if you think she gives a shit about seeing the audience.

Uh. Streisand does not wear the dark glasses throughout the concert And the lighting may be too strong for contact lens. It would be for me. She interacts with the audience through the concert. Too often.

I am not under any illusion that Streisand is caring person. She donated her Malibu home on the canyon side of the road, but with very small funding for repairs and upkeep.

Right. Probably just when she needs to see the teleprompter. :p

When I saw her inside an arena in Philadelphia ten years ago, she had many teleprompters, but no glasses.

I actually know something about what I write. But I agree that her eyesight may be worse outdoors.

When I saw her inside an arena in Philadelphia ten years ago, she had many teleprompters, but no glasses.

I actually know something about what I write. But I agree that her eyesight may be worse outdoors.

Ten years is also a lot of time. Her eyesight may simply be worse than it was 10 years ago. I wouldn't find that strange.