Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1786 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend had tickets to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Saturday afternoon at The Wiltern in Koreatown.

Lot of history surrounding that movie and the venue. The cast was great, especially Paul Newman. Well done movie. I enjoyed it.

The film historian that spoke before the screening explained that Ang Le having Jack and Ennis leap off a cliff into the river was an homage to the cliff dive by Butch and Sundance, an original bromance movie before there was such an idea.

https://images.app.goo.gl/K8LzfJJDVhwyXgks9

Four years later Redford and Newman teamed again in The Sting, Best Picture winner.

Edited by E.T.Bass

In my youth (back in ancient times!:eek:) I sang at weddings and funerals. One of the funeral homes I sang at hired me on a pretty regular basis during the summer, when they knew I was not working at any full-time job between college years. Usually they'd notify me the day before a service of the song or songs the family requested, so I could run by the funeral home and pick up the sheet music and learn and/or practice.

This thread reminded me of a rather "creepy?" happening when the family of the deceased requested "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" once. Both the funeral director and I thought it unusual to have a popular, contemporary song at the funeral, but apparently the service was for a young man in his 20's who'd been in a fatal automobile accident (I read about it in the obituaries section of our local newspaper.)

This funeral home had a permanent chapel set up for services in their cemetery with an A-frame roof two stories above the chapel, open the entire two stories. The organist and singer (that's me) were on the second floor, which had a balcony from which the singer could view the service from over the back of the chapel and sing.

I stepped out on the balcony, the organist began the opening chords of the music, and everyone could suddenly hear rain pattering distinctly on the roof (there was not a lot of insulation between the ceiling and the roof, apparently!) and I began to sing. The sound of the rain continued throughout the song but let up when the minister began speaking.

I sang many funerals at this particular chapel over the years but this service stuck in my memory because of the circumstances.

TruHart1 :cool: